“Clsoe to Marina: friendly service top to bottom”

Holiday Inn Peterborough
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Manotick
“Clsoe to Marina: friendly service top to bottom”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were travelling by small boat and stayed at the Peterborough Marina, a short walk from the hotel. While not a luxurious inn, the hotel was clean, comfortable, and close to excellent restaurants (including one in the hotel recommended by another inn-keeper). While on a busy street, it was also quiet. Check-in was fast, friendly and helpful advice was offered. Every staff member we encountered from the service man to housekeeping and restaurant staff had a friendly greeting and a smile. Perhaps this is now standard, but a nice feature was the availability of pillows of different thicknesses. The only drawback (and we had to reach to find one) was the length of the hallway from reception to the far end (near the marina).

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Marina, book a slip on "D Dock" and ask for a room overlooking t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us! Our staff prides themselves on our service culture and we're so happy to know that it shows!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family of 3 stayed at this hotel for a family reunion in the area in July of 2013. This was the perfect place for such a stay. The hotel is in a great location right along side the waterway. There is a large grass area with picnic tables and lots of space for kids to run around. The facility has an excellent pool that is partially indoors and partially outdoors.

The rooms were typical Holiday Inn rooms that were not overly spacious but certainly adequate and clean. The bathrooms were a bit cramped.

There is a very good restaurant on site that we ate at twice during our stay. Both times we sat out on the large patio overlooking the water. The wait staff a the restaurant were plentiful and amazing at what they did. I was very impressed with their enthusiasm and attention to detail for a casual hotel restaurant.

If in Peterborough again, I would not even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property!

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I come every year for our anniversary to this hotel. We always request a room higher up. We pay extra for the river front because we love sitting on the balcony and watching the river and the activity on it and at the gazbo restaurant. I can not believe the people who complain that they faced the street, but they did not pay the extra for riverfront. The front desk is amazing and this year we had an extra special check in woman. Her name was Michelle and she went the extra mile. Yes the hotel was built quite awhile ago, but they keep it up, and we always enjoy it. The rooms are a decent size and have a frig, decent television, a good bathroom and decent towells. The maids are friendly and very helpful. Donna Williams, outlet manger is very people orientated, knows how to make people happy, and Holiday Inn are lucky to have her. The Gazbo Restaurant is right on the river, and lots of people in the hotel, people that come from outside the restaurant and boaters all seem to enjoy eating and drinking there. Right on the river and it is summertime. They do have a fancy restaurant in the hotel but we prefer being outside in the summer. They have a decent sized parking lot, and also supply you with a morning paper. That is the reason we return each year for our anniversary.

Room Tip: We prefer the upper floors facing the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and congratulations on your anniversary! We're honoured that you spend such a special time with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year and appreciate your continued business.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Overall experience was good,
Staff are nice and kind but one of them didn't give me my invoice, saying that it has been sent to my email inbox, which wasn't true, I was forced to recall back to send another copy!!!
Room, was perfect clean, nice, etc... except the chlorine smell of the pool and the pool light which pass from the top and the bottom of the curtains. 1st floor , I know, but I wasn't expecting that.
Breakfast was very yummy, I looked for the dinner but it was very expensive, I preferred to go outside.Location is OK too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Peterborough Waterfront!

We're happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. We appreciate all the feedback that we receive from our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Beeton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We traveled with our daughters, ages 5 & 7 yrs for a 2 day neurological developmental session for our youngest but it ended up feeling like a vacation! All the staff, from the front desk, the cleaning service, and everyone at the Riverside Grill was wonderful. Any travel for us is extremely challenging because our 5 yr old has a very restrictive diet. At the time we traveled she was on the GAPS diet between stages 2-3 which is pretty much gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and starch free. I called the Riverside Grill before we arrived and spoke with Chef Hugh, to see what was possible, and really to see what I'd need to bring with me. After listing all our dietary restrictions, Hugh didn't even skip a beat, and he start listing all the options that he could make for our daughter! By the time we arrived, Hugh had researched the diet and proposed several meal options for her. The communication between, hostess, servers and the kitchen was incredible. I literally didn't have to worry about a thing.
Thank you for turning our trip into a vacation for us all!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view and balcony from the river view room we stayed in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly116
Tracie O, Owner at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Peterborough Waterfront! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a very dedicated and talented team in our kitchen! I will definitely pass along your message letting know them know much you appreciated the time they took to ensure that your daughter's dietary requirements were met!
Toronto
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed with my children. They loved the pool even though very dated and small. It is half indoor and half outdoor. Supposed to be a leisure person on staff there but could never find her. Pool very small! Fortunately there were not many others at the pool. Rooms seemed clean but the carpets in the public areas smelled musty and of carpet deoderizer. We had a room over looking the road and Tim Horton's. Never again! There was so much noise and some idiot racing his car at 3am, I was livid! Breakfast was a pretty good deal. $10 for buffet for me and free for my children. The Riverside Grill main menu however was very pricey even though kids eat free, wasn't worth it, so we ate elsewhere. Staff were very nice, got a late check out which was very helpful having children so we could swim longer and then have a place to change. All in all, my kids enjoyed it but needs a facelift, bigger pool.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the city view side. Only get a room on the water or you will be awake all night long...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I am happy to hear that for the most part, you and your children enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is slated to undergo a property improvement plan which will updated the look and feel of the hotel. The cityview rooms do tend to be a bit noiser as they face a busy downtown street, but our riverview guestrooms in the back of the hotel do provide a quieter more serence atmosphere. The pool is definitely a draw for many return families and it is the only indoor/outdoor pool in the city and it is open year round. Kids love it!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here in June for 1 night, $152 later, I found my room to be clean, the bathroom was clean, and the furniture, tv, and amenities like Wi-Fi, fridge and coffee maker were all in working order and fairly new. When I awoke the next morning I was told breakfast is available in the on site restaurant but it is not complimentary which would have added some value to the price of the room. Overall I found this choice for accommodations clean, but the staff seemed a little snobby to deal with , I ended up forgetting something in the room , and when I went back to inform the staff a couple hours later management demanded a receipt! in order to replace it, the item was under $15 so I took the loss, if anybody out there travels with receipts of everything they bring with them to a hotel I would like to know. With several more options in the area, I would not recommend this property or stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jimmyrozner
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about the cleanliness of our property!

With respect to the item that you left behind in your guestroom and as discussed with the General Manger of the hotel, Terry Merrill, an offer was made to reimburse you for your item. Terry explained that in order to get a cheque for the amount, a receipt for the item would need to be submitted to the accountant for reimbursement. When you called to say you couldn’t locate your receipt, Terry then offered you a discount of the value of your item on a future stay. While the hotel would normally not be held accountable for any lost items, the offer was made as a good will gesture. Terry provided you a phone number to call him direct and encourages you to call him again as your review is different than what he understands transpired in that conversation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn
#7 of 12 in Peterborough
Village Inn of Lakefield
Village Inn of Lakefield
#2 of 2 in Lakefield

Been to Holiday Inn Peterborough? Share your experiences!