This hotel charged me more than the reservation rate. I made a
reservation weeks ago and then tried to change it about a week ago. At
that time I noticed that the rate had lowered. I assumed this was a
change to our group rate. I logged in to the reservation web site and
the rate was $59 for each night. I called reservations around May 28 and spoke
with Margaret and she said it was a group rate of $59 per night. I asked her
to send me an email confirmation and it was $59 per night. When I
checked in they said it was higher than that. I indicated otherwise and
they said OK and I initialed the check-in form beside $59 per night. I
was later informed during my stay that they changed their mind and it
is higher. The management at the hotel refuses to charge the
triply-confirmed quoted and reserved rate but instead charge more. They keep
telling me something about a special group rate - but I never entered into any
contract with some group on some rate. I understand $59 per night is an especially
good rate but that is not the point. I expect Holiday Inn to stand by their quoted, reserved, confirmed verbally and written rate, as per our mutual contract.
Other than, the hotel is just OK... Wifi from room 309 is horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Friendliest Service Among Peterborough, Ontario Hotels Located In the heart of the Kawarthas, the Holiday Inn Hotel Peterborough Waterfront is ideally situated along the Trent Severn Waterway in the downtown business and shopping district with 60 restaurants within walking distance. Our hotel's central location puts you near the world's highest hydraulic lift lock and Canada's only Canoe Museum, 1.5 km from our hotel. Peterborough hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, such as summer's Festival of Lights and is home to popular arts facilities, like Showplace Performance Centre. You'll also find some of the best shopping opportunities in downtown Peterborough. Lodging here puts business travelers near GE Canada, Siemens, Pepsi-QTG, De Laval, Ministry of Natural Resources and other businesses in Peterborough. Our hotel's amenities include over 650 sq. m. of meeting space, catering services and a 24-hour Business Centre. From the indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool to the kid's playroom and recreation room, our Peterborough hotel's amenities keep you entertained. Enjoy a meal at the Riverside Grill, visit the Fitness Centre and relax in a 100% nonsmoking guest room or suite featuring comfortable beds with triple-sheeted mattresses, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, a 32-inch LCD TV and more. We invite you to stay at our hotel in Peterborough, where the only thing we overlook is the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Peterborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Hotel Peterborough
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Ontario
- Peterborough Holiday Inn