See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2016

We arrived shattered after a transatlantic flight and drive from Toronto. Jim and Patti welcomed us into their home and showed us to the lovely cardinal room. It was very clean warm and comfortable and looked out onto the lovely garden. We had a comfortable nights sleep but struggled with the jet lag but there was tea and coffee in plentiful supply and a TV in the room and use of the WI-FI which was great, and we don't think we disturbed anyone and the house was peaceful. In the morning it was lovely to chat with them before breakfast, they were very friendly and helpful. We stayed 2 nights and each morning the breakfast was amazing. Plenty of coffee delicious food and great hospitality. Excellent value for money and definitely recommended.

Room tip: The Cardinal was lovely
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed May 9, 2016

Its been close to 25 years since My wife and I have stayed at a B&B as I always felt strange coming into someones home and felt we always had to follow strict rules for lights out, unlike a hotel where you can come and go easier. We decided to try Twin Pines for an over night as we were in town to help celebrate a friends 50th birthday. I was concerned about a potential late night but an email to the owner Jim assured me that he would keep the door open and a late night was OK as long as we were quiet...which I assured him we are. The space was perfect, well equipped, comfortable, quiet and most importantly we felt relaxed after a warm welcome from Jim and Pat. Breakfast was prepared by Pat and was awesome, she even handed over the recipe for her quiche. I enjoyed our time at Twin Pines and have regained some confidence in B&B's and will start to look into B&B options for our future travels. As for Twin Pines I will be my first choice to stay when in Peterborough.

Room tip: We were in the Cardinal Room which overlooks the back yard and has a private patio door to the deck.
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night on our road trip, and we could not have been made more welcome. Very comfortable room, and bed, spacious bathroom and great walk in shower with a seat built in - very handy for my husband especially. We had use of a living room ( where breakfast was served ) so relaxed in the evening and made ourselves coffee and had biscuits in there. We could see out to the deck with a variety of strange birds feeding, and watched the squirrels scampering about.

Lovely breakfast next morning, fresh fruit, yoghurt and granola...fruit cinnamon muffins, could also have had other cereals and my husband just wanted toast and marmalade so he had that.

Cannot recommend this place highly enough, we were very pleased with our choice.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank valeriew740
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Every lodging establishment in town was booked and because of a late cancellation and the kindness of strangers we found ourselves at this homey, comfortable, B&B hosted by two very nice hosts. Our room is so nice with a terrific bath and great bed. We really lucked into a terrific stay.

Date of stay: July 2015
2  Thank Pemichongan
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is a great bed and breakfast. The owners, Pat and Jim are a very friendly couple who keep the place in immaculate condition.The breakfasts were nutritious and great tasting. The room we were in was a shaded room and quite large with an ensuite. There is a large garden at the back with a pool. it is quiet and cool sitting there. The birds and chipmunks and squirrels in the garden are a soothing and relaxing sight.The bed and breakfast is close to all the sights and shopping. We will be returning next time we are in Peterborough for a visit.

Room tip: The garden room has a great view of the garden and has a patio door going out onto the deck.
Date of stay: August 2014