“Excellent!”
Review of Rare

Rare
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 321 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I went to Rare with my husband and we absolutely loved it. Everything about our experience was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was great. We have been to many restaurants in the area and Rare is by far the best. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank santulana

“AWESOME FOOD & SERVICE”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This has got to be my FAVOURITE Restaurant in Peterborough for taking our out of town guests & family who are both well travelled & eat @ fine dining restaurants. Each time we dine here the food & service have been incredible & last night was no exception. The Rare poutine,Caesar salad & fried butternut squash soup were excellent appetizers we shared. Our beef filets were cooked to perfection & melted in our mouths. My husband enjoyed the flavourful ribeye & our son had the red wine braised beef cheeks which, after a taste, my husband wants on our next visit. The fork tender vegetables & sides were the perfect compliment, well plated & generous in portion size. In fact we were too full to enjoy their great desserts this time around as we indulged in the extra appetizer, so we'll correct that on our next visit for sure.The place was busy when we arrived & during our stay, but did not impede on the attentive service we received from start to finish & the timing between courses was perfect. I strongly recommend Rare to anyone who is looking for an amazing dining experience in Peterborough!!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Karen S
London, Canada
“AMAZING STEAK HOUSE!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hands down the best meal I have ever had! Went for dinner with my husband and had an outstanding experience. The wait staff were great, made excellent wine suggestions that were perfectly paired to our meals.

Asked to talk to the chef afterwards and he was a wealth of knowledge. He had an excellent conversation with us about his philosophy on food, and why he chooses to source locally. He was genuinely a nice guy, and was interested in sharing what he knows about what he is so passionate about.

The meats were perfectly cooked, and the veg and risotto were excellent!

I would recommend a stop here for anybody that truly loves food, and loves the feeling of eating local food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kelsey C
Peterborough, Canada
“Best restaurant in Eastern Ontario, on every level.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

From the beautiful dinning room, to the quality of the food products, to the outstanding service, and intrequite plating, Rare Grill House has every aspect of the perfect food service establishment down to a fine art. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys a great meal!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HunterGuindon
Peterbrorough
“Terrible, and no one cared.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went there for new years 2011 with my wife. Was really good and packed with people. Went there for new years 2012 and it was horrible. The lobster claw that came with my steak was so overcooked I had to use my steak knife to cut it. I could barely even CHEW it. All of the sides for the entrée where waaay over salted. I told the waitress about the lobster and she acted like it was no surprise. She said she would talk to the chef. The bill came, full price, no discussion about the food. Looked around and there were 3 couples in the room. Guess I know why. I posted on their facebook page and got ZERO feedback there either. It was terrible, expensive, and no one cared. Guess who won't be there for new years 2013? And I recommend you dont go either.

• Visited January 2013