“Eat here now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rare

Rare
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 317 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
toronto
“Eat here now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Try the pancake appetizer. It sounds weird, but do it. We really enjoyed everything. The service was excellent as well. Outstanding!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank special_cay

toronto
“One of the best in Peterborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. Order the goat cheese and berry pancake appetizer! Trust me.
Great service and nice atmosphere as well. Can't go wrong eating here.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank rubbish82
Holland, Michigan
“Best Steak I have had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you are looking for a steak, this is the place, got the RibEye, cooked to perfection! This place is was great, one of the best steaks I have had in a while!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank JSTKCCO
Bancroft, Canada
“Very full !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We come to Peterborough once a week for "date night". We are also restaurant owners and enjoy trying new places. One of our servers recommended "Rare" as they had a great meal there. I decided a romantic night was in order.
We were seated and served by the owner. Fantastic lady. Drinks were great. Apps were yum and we both highly recommend the filet mignon.... Perfectly cooked, juicy and tasty. Read a review that the portions were small...were they nuts?!?!? We were stuffed at the end and I didn't even finish! Actually I love mushrooms and still left some! The portions are huge folks. I own a restaurant... I know! Drinks, service and food were excellent. Owners amazing. Not a cheap night out but worth it. Wish I ordered the filet mignon....so good...ate my wife's. Very nice place...worth the visit...keep up the great work. Thanks for a great date night!
Cheers
Tawn and Adam

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TappsCottageEatery
Buckhorn, Canada
“A gem in Peterborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Toronto standards for sure! Excellent specials, best burger ever! So proud to have a restaurant of this calibre close by! I recommend everyone treat themselves, you deserve to try this burger! Wsh hey delivered to Buckhorn!

Visited February 2013