“Scuzzy with a Retro Kick Back”
Review of Park Side Motel

Park Side Motel
Park Side Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I don't even know where to start. The first thing I did when I stepped into this joint was disinfect eveything, including wiping down handles, door knobs, remote control etc. The room smelled a little bit like sewage and cigarettes but we came prepared with insense. There were old blood stains on the footing of the bed, the ceiling tiles were warped and missing pieces the patio furniture out front was broken, there was no hot water in the shower and the list goes on. There only good things about this place free wifi, satelite t.v. and the retro furniture which I am sure are perios pieces not just vintage inspired. I can't complain too much for $65 per night however this stretch of highway has about half dozen other motels that are probably way better.

Room Tip: Do some research before you settle for the Nite Owl if you do decide to stay, bring your own bedding...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank One2Few

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The only good thing I can say about this place is I didnt see any cockroaches or mice. Even they wouldnt live there!. The place was so bad we went to Zellers and bought sheets and pillows as there were no other available rooms with a 45 minutes drive. Really wish I had taken some pictures.

Where do I start?

1: Moldy/mildew bathroom....no not just a little.........lots of it but it helped cover the flaking paint
2: Spiderwebs
3: Hair in the sheets
4: When putting on our new sheets we saw the stains on the mattress (pee???)
5:Glass missing out of window and no screen
6: Floor in bathroom was so warped that the toilet was about two inches higher at the front than the back . It was like getting ready to launch into space.
7: Lipstick outline on the mirror.
8: Yellowish water
9: Small pieces of soap still in then tub from the last person that used the room.
10: Broken door lock...had to rely on the chain
11: The carpet was badly stained. Keep your shoes on at all times!!!!!!
12: Tape holding the bed frame together
13: Horrible mattress

I am sure there were more things wrong I am forgetting but the above things should serve as a adequate warning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
9  Thank tentman1975
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We selected this motel because of the positive reviews and made big mistake. Very old and small room (I would say 40 years old) with a terrible smell. Bathroom was also old and dirty. We stayed here 2 nights and nobody even try to clean the room after the first night. And it is located just near the busy highway so it is noisy day and night. Stay out of this motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank serge41613
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I stayed in the Motel while coming back from Ottawa to Toronto.
This is one of the best places I had stayed.
I am really fussy about the rooms but to my surprise the rooms were very clean and I asked for non smoking one It was really a non smoking.
Bathrooms were very clean and towels were also fresh.
My kids have a large playground to play.
The price with I paid there and wht I got in return I would say it was and excellent deal.
I am used to staying in big stred hotels but now I think I sould not spend that much money if I can get as good room in half of their price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gpssanshu
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We were on the trip to Ottawa via Peterborough and back. We stayed with Nite Owl for four days. Two while going ang two coming back. It is centerally heated so we we got the well heated when we checked in. rooms were very good in size and my kids were very happy to find enough space to plan. Aslo kids channel were there which made them very busy and least bothered us.

High speed internet was a great faciity for me. The rooms very very clean and nicely made and maintained. I hate to say that but they were cleaner then my own room in my house. Great and friendly people. The service provided was excellent. I would highly recommend any body to stay there. It very worth the pennies we pais there

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank love100_ca