“Birds, nature, winery, relaxation.”
Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
Ranked #5 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I brought a visiting Russian university student and her mother who was visiting from Moscow, for a weekend on Pelee Island-my first visit there. We drove, took the ferry, were met by our hostess and stayed at her B&B, the Stone House. We visited the lighthouse, winery, pheasant farm, general store and an antique bric-a-brac store. At the stone house, we enjoyed the marvellous location: Lake Erie at the front, and a lagoon full of heron and ibis at the driveway entrance side, and a short walk to the lighthouse. Our accommodation was relaxing, quiet and a great break from the hustle of daily life. After a very enjoyable breakfast of blueberry waffles and maple syrup, we returned home, surprisingly refreshed from the short visit.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 18, 2008

Had a fabulous time. We had planned a girlie long weekend and what a wonderful place for us to have picked. I have been to several of Bev's places, but my very favourite was the Stone House. We had an absolute blast and Bev was great. She even arranged for us to go on the wine tour. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I have been going to the Island for the last 8 years. I met Bev about 3 years ago and was introduced to her beautiful cottages. I stayed at the stone cottage first then at the guest house (with my childrren and grandchildren) and then at the B&B. It would be very hard for me to choose just one of these locations that I liked more - I loved each place and at each place left with memories I will remember. Upon arriving I was always greated by Bev (the owner) and felt very welcome to the Island. She is a most gracious hostess. When I was in her home (the B&B) I felt very comfortable as if I were in my own home. The cottages are very clean,comfortable and warm. They are located across from the Lake on the North shore. I love the guest house with its screened front porch. I was able to enjoy a lovely evening listening to the water and reading while enjoying a glass of wine - which I bought at the Pelee Winery just up the road from the cottages. The stone house I stayed in in the Fall has a fireplace, which I used quite a bit. It is covered with stone on the outside and the inside has the most beautiful restortation bringing back the old wood floors and accents. I highly recommend any of these beautiful places to rest and relax, enjoy nature, family time, or to just veg out. I will return again next year.

CYuNxYr
Sherri Smith

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank ynlvrs
Reviewed November 17, 2008

it was beautiful. I really enjoyed my stay there. A very remote place, so relaxing and great. Bev was nice and the place was well worth our time. thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2008

A few of my girlfriends and I decided to escape from the city for a week. We rented out the Stone House through Pelee Places and we were presently surprised. We were thrilled with this beautiful house over looking Lake Erie on Pelee Island. It was perfect for the four of us. The Stone House is well maintained and very clean. We were expecting a rustic cottage, but we got a lot more than we bargained for. The house is beautifully decorated with antique furniture and we really loved the screened in gazebo where we spent most nights enjoying great food and Pelee Island wine. The lake front dock and beach is a great place to catch some beautiful sunsets at the end of the day as well.

Bev, the owner of Pelee Places, made sure that we had a great time on the island. She was very helpful and made a lot of good suggestions about places to visit and was very accommodating. She was nice enough to give us our own personal island tour. We definitely plan on coming back and making this a yearly retreat. I would highly recommend Pelee Places. You're definitely getting more than just your average cottage.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank bestguest101
Reviewed November 15, 2008

During my tour of Canada and North America, I stayed with a friend in the wonderful Stone House on the exquisite Pelee Island in Ontario, Canada, and had the most magnificent time. Relaxing, peaceful, quaint -- and the service was second to none. The accommodation was very comfortable, and the owner was a true delight. Heartily recommended for a gloriously peaceful stay away from the hubbub of city life. Five stars.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Thanks Bev. Had such a wonderful and relaxing stay. Delicious breakfasts next to the fireplace over looking the lake couldn't have been more romantic and peaceful.
You out did yourself with your knowledge of where to eat (bakery), the history of the island.
Am hoping I can keep my place, now that we're home as open and warm as you have made yours. Also wishing i could have brought the comfortable bed home with us.
You made us feel like old friends. Thank you.
You're a sweetie!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!