“Thanks Beverly. Fantastic food, wonderful rests.”
Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
Ranked #4 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
New York
“Thanks Beverly. Fantastic food, wonderful rests.”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Thanks Bev. Had such a wonderful and relaxing stay. Delicious breakfasts next to the fireplace over looking the lake couldn't have been more romantic and peaceful.
You out did yourself with your knowledge of where to eat (bakery), the history of the island.
Am hoping I can keep my place, now that we're home as open and warm as you have made yours. Also wishing i could have brought the comfortable bed home with us.
You made us feel like old friends. Thank you.
You're a sweetie!

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — one night we couldn't see the stars, but the campfire made up for it
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Pelee Places B and B is in one of the most beautiful parts of Pelee Island. It overlooks Lake Erie on one side and a small lake-cum-marsh on the other. The B and B is quite charmingly decorated and the breakfasts were wonderful.

However we found the landlady, Bev, most unwelcoming. The four of us were constantly scolded, which made an unpleasant atmosphere for the four nights that we were there. As we are all over 55 this came as quite a surprise!

Would we stay there again? Definitely NOT!

• Liked — The location and breakfasts
  • Disliked — The landlady
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank srh002
br05, owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, December 6, 2008
Wow! I never realized that a hostess for a bed and breakfast was considered by some people to be a 'landlady', but that's pretty much how I was treated by you. I recall that long weekend being told at 8pm not to cook my own dinner in my own kitchen as it would disturb one of the guests who wanted to sit there instead! I left.
But I guess I am the bossy one, when I have to tell people not to park on my septic system, not to disturb my neighbours by trespassing on their property, not to leave windows and doors open, to recycle appropriately, etc. etc. I am however grateful to know that my breakfasts were enjoyed, as there was never any indication at the time that they were appreciated in any way. Probably my worst weekend at the B&B in 3 years.
Bev
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We have been coming to Pelee Island for years and were lucky enough to discover Pelee Places 5 years ago. There are several different houses and we've stayed in two of them. The Stone House is our favourite but the Guest House was better for our family. Everything is supplied except for food and the location on the north shore of the island is convenient to the bakery and restaurants. The houses are very clean and the beach is fantastic. We did not stay in the B&B but were invited for wine and cheese and would stay there if we wanted to come for just one night as it has the most incredible views on the island.

8 Thank peleer
#4 of 7 in Put in Bay
Seacliffe Inn
Seacliffe Inn
#2 of 8 in Leamington

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!