“STOP HERE!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is one of our favourite local dining spots, and one we are quick to share with others. I have never had a bad meal on the menu! Pulled pork, burgers, fried chicken, ribs... All excellent! Try the deep-fried picked as an appetizer: they are nothing like what you may have tried at other restaurants (not pre-made, flavourful using the same coating as the chicken, thin dill slices instead of thick wedges). The store manufa three their own award-winning BBQ sauces. Chipotle and Jerk are particularly good.

Camp 31 is a hidden gem and certainly worth your visit!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I went out on a Monday night for dinner. it was around 7. My husband read on this web site the Ribs were so good and really looking forward to it. . We walked in and we looked around. My first instinct was not good. The place had a dirty smell and did not look clean, We sat down waited 15 min. While we were waiting 3 waitresses went to other tables and totally ignored us. Two tables arrived after us were served right away. with in min they had a drink and they took their food order. it was like we were not wanted there. We got up and left and nobody even approached us. It was the poorest service I ever had. I guess they are not hurting for money. I hope the owner reads this. Seems like the servers new the other clients as they would go out of there way to stand there and talk to them then leave.

1  Thank Janet P
Rob Yurkiw Y, General Manager at Camp 31 Bar-B-Q, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Would like to apologize for your unfavourable experience. I am the General Manager and would love the opportunity to speak with you further. Please email me personally at rob@camp31.com and I hope to connect with you soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great BBQ ribs and the fried chicken was great. Staff very friendly. Beer was awesome . We also went on a Monday night it was half priced wings and pints were $4.00, so a pound of wings and a pint of beer $9.00 awesome

Reviewed March 4, 2014

went for famous ribs, we had chicken which was just as good if not better. Good food all around. We have never had a bad meal there. I like the peanut in the shell snack idea as well.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were in the area for a hockey tournament and a nephew recommend Camp 31 Bar-B-Q. What a great meal we had! My daughter (15) declared they could cater her (future!) wedding. Now that`s a compliment from a picky eater! I had the chicken. Done just right, great flavour on the skin and tender fall off the bone meat. The sweet potato fries were great too! My son (11) had the half rack of ribs and he cleaned his plate in record time. My picky eater had the club and she loved it. The husband had chicken as well. We tried the prize winning BBQ sauce and I know why it won prizes. The coleslaw and the beans were also spot on.

Our server was attentive and friendly and the kitchen was quick at preparing everything.

My only regret is I never found out what they have for deserts because we had to get to a game. Guess that's my excuse to go back! Well done, Camp 31!!