“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went to 2 Rivers Restaurant with two friends who have been there before. We decided to have breakfast and sat on the patio. The patio view of the Grand River was beautiful and it was a nice sunny day. The idea of handing patrons menus and telling them to seat themselves was a little off putting; however, I was not going to let someone's lack of hospitality ruin my meal or experience. I ordered the breakfast special which was cooked according to my request. The rosemary potatoes were very good and the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank ProfessorOT

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and good food variety. Never disappointed every time I visit. Desserts are also very good. Lovely view of Grand River from the patio dining or a cozy warm decor inside.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were looking a different place to eat on a Saturday afternoon. Was in Paris and were told to at least try @ Rivers out.

We went to the patio even though the outside was humid, found it to be very pleasant and acceptable for both of us. Excellent overlooking the Grand River. Nice view of the river and the canoeist.

Variety of the meal selection was good. Both had the open face steak sandwich. Cooked to our liking. I also had the soup (cauliflower)..excellent. The salad was also good.

Server (Suzanne) was very helpful. Pleasant manner and was very cooperative in offering us various chooses of food from the menu. Checked several times on our meals to ensure that we were satisfied.. This was good.

Price range of the different meals met the standard found in the area.

Met up with the cook and thanked her for the preparation of the meal. Also met the owner for a few moments and thanked her for the service and the food.

Indicated that we would be back to try some other meals seen from the menu.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

So I wondered in for breakfast on a Monday morning...the place was not busy at all. The waitress handed me a menu and told me to find a place to sit. Okay....I ordered a cup of tea, which took 10 minutes to arrive. There was a big spider web at the table (on the patio), I asked if she could please bring a rag and remove it, she took it away with her hands.... I then pointed out the big spider that made the web and asked her if she could remove it also as I hate spiders....I was told "that's where it lives", she left to return inside. I then asked about their eggs....I was in the mood for some scrambled eggs, and wanted to make sure they weren't powdered eggs. 20 minutes later my breakfast arrived with scrambled eggswith tomatoes, zuchinni, and cheese. Once I was able to ask the waitress for regular scrambled eggs she proceeded to tell me that I ordered the scrambled eggs special...and that I had pointed to it on the menu (NOT)...I went to squirt a little ketchup by my homefries, the lid on the ketchup was not on properly, and ketchup went all over my toast and my plate, and my hands....so my proper eggs finally arrived....oh and I asked for peanut butter with my toast, but of course I didn't get that. Once I finished breakfast and was tired of waiting for a bill, I went inside to pay. I asked if she was the owner, she said no. I told her that I thought the service was not very good, and that I was disappointed. The waitress then picked up a menu, came around the counter and pointed and said that I had ordered the scrambled egg special, I said no I didn't , and pointed out that I didn't even get my peanut butter, she then quite loudly in front of her other customers said that I did not indeed! She then had the audacity to tell me, that the ladies next to me had apologized for me and they said that I was always very rude...I proceeded to go back to my table to ask the ladies next to me why they would have said that as I had never seen them before...she stopped me before I got down the stairs, and said that it was another lady that had left already....that was a total lie as I was alone and had been looking around the tiny patio, there were only 3 tables of customers and there was no lady alone at any time on the patio besides myself. The only saving grace after she shouted at me was that she comped my meal....I will never go back there .... and I recommend no one else does either. Upset in Paris

1  Thank Gourmet4545
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stopped in for lunch today. We had their Angus burger and once of the days specials - Vegetable Quesadilla. The food was plentiful and very good. We had a nice view of the river. The place was hot when we got there, but soon after they opened the doors and it cooled down. We look forward to going back next time we are in Paris.