“Great food with a fantastic view”

Stillwaters Plate and Pour
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual Dining with a breath taking view of the grand river!
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We have dined in the main dining room, on the patio and on the outdoor deck upstairs at Stillwaters. We really enjoy the wonderful view of the Grand River from this restaurant. The crab cakes are some of the best I have ever tasted. Chicken wings are very tasty and the perch dinner is excellent! Service is generally very friendly and helpful. Occasionally waits can be long, however in this busy restaurant, sometimes it seems the kitchen gets a little overwhelmed. We generally find that the yummy food is worth the wait. This is one of our favourite local restaurants.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family ate here on my birthday and we all had fantastic meals! Great food, beautiful views, lovely decor and fast and friendly wait staff. Before you go, make a reservation! We went on a Thursday and it was busy!

1  Thank Thia17
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Everybody should have this amazing experience in beautiful downtown Paris. I have been there 3 or 4 times The weather was beautiful and the ambience was like a resort in a vacation spot. They even have comfy chairs with arms around a round table that has a fireplace in the middle. All the tables and booths by the water have umbrellas and there is also 2 large tent like pergolas for more seating. There is a centre bar and an outdoor kitchen. The food was very good and the waiters were friendly and helpful. Not sure how fast the service was as it was so enjoyable just sitting there. I know that our drinks came right after we sat down.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We reserved a table for a party of eight for my mom's 84th birthday - and it was lovely. It started well at least. Asked for a table where it wasn't too noisy as she has hearing issues and were settled in a great spot right beside the window with a gorgeous view of the Grand. Dinner/drinks/food/service - all were good, not fantastic, but good and if it had ended there all would be fine. We left a 20% tip and got my 90 year old father and my mom headed home with family. Four of us stayed as we wanted to try the rooftop patio as the view and setting is supposed to be fantastic - and it did not disappoint. This is where things went crazy. It was fairly full - a table of ballplayers, several large groups, and many couples were enjoying themselves. We live only a few miles away and did know a few people up there already so stopped to speak with people before finding a table. A husband and wife offered us a spot which was actually a couple of two seaters with a large low table in the middle. They moved on to another table closer to the water. A few women behind us said 'if you take the top off the table, staff will light the fire'. I did and then, being attracted to shiny things, attempted to touch the glass stones in the middle. Big mistake. A wait staff approached and admonished 'Don't touch that!' which shocked me, but of course I pulled my hand back. She walked away then came back and said that she was going to have to refuse us service!! We were shocked! Why? We had just had one drink at dinner - she said she would check downstairs. Another staff came over a few minutes later and said that unfortunately we would not be served. We were dumbfounded. No one had even spoken with us before the admonishment - we had not been loud, rude or disruptive. We left promptly, a little humiliated although we had done nothing wrong. My sister and I did go back in to speak with the manager and the acting manager was the woman who gave us the final dismissal. She didn't seem to have a valid reason for not serving us other than she had to support her staff. She acknowledged that she had witnessed our lovely dinner but said that they had had some problems upstairs with the fire table and customers so... We are between the ages of 52 and 59 and very respectable, community minded people. I so would have loved for this restaurant to be successful. But when a manager/owner does not feel it necessary to respond to an email asking for a reasonable response, I feel compelled to warn others. Almost a week later, my husband actually went in to speak with the owner who once again said that once wait staff has made a decision, they cannot reneg - I understand this in concept, but it was so completely uncalled for I am absolutely baffled.
Just a warning about the fire tables at this point I guess. Very sad.

3  Thank Les H
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I decided on Stillwaters for our anniversary brunch. We had requested a window seat by the river but were informed that a large group had booked in advance. The area was set up for the 11am setting but no one was in the area for the whole hour that we were there. We were disappointed with this as well as the buffet. Average at best.