“Cajun Chips made the plate!”

Grand Bayou Cajun Kitchen & Watering Hole
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sarnia, Canada
“Cajun Chips made the plate!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on our way through town. It was clean, quiet, and the service was good. We both ordered burgers, mine with Cajun chips. The burgers were quite good, but the Cajun chips were the highlight for me. As we ordered from the lunch menu I did pick up their take-out menu to peruse for the next time we are in the area, will stop in again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SarniaTraveller12

Stoney Creek, Canada
“Louisiana cooking”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have eaten here as a couple many times. the chef / owner makes a Cajun Gumbo that is divine, (it takes hours of prep 9 hours one day for the rue and 4 hours the 2nd day); it has sausage and chicken in it and rice. It is well worth the $6.50 for a large bowl, as it is sooo delicious and very filling. But note Cajun Gumbo in New Orleans has tomatoes and seafood in it. On the outskirts of Louisiana there are less tomatoes so this recipe is not tomato based. Also because there is a lot of seafood on the menu there is no seafood in this gumbo. I highly recommend it though it is very soothing warm spicy excellent comfort food. Also unique to this restaurant is the personal homemade Cajun chips, they are excellent especially with the house Louisiana dipping sauce (e.g. comes with fried oysters.) The poor boy wraps are also good as well as the alligator if you dare to try it. The restaurant also has jambalaya which is very good. Many people do like their wings but they are again not the normal coating (Louisiana style) so I love Canadian wings but only ordered them once here and it depends on personal taste.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Auchkie
Atlanta, Georgia
“Really cool place!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Came on a friday night with a large unexpected group. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us. Food was really good! I had the jambalaya for my main and mussels for an app. My meal was freash and penty flavourful. The jambalaya was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I noticed a sign saying they have a lunch menu that is 10 items under $10, gonna check it out next week.

I will definately go back and recommend this place to all.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank matthewfoodie
Brantford, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

So excited to have this option close to home and they started out great - however quality of food and service have dropped significantly, particularly if the owner isn't in the house. Had some great meals here a year ago - now questioning whether to bother returning.

• Visited March 2013
“Never again”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I would not recommend this place! The food is tasteless and does not look appealing at all. We have tried the alligator appetizer, frog legs, and blackened shrimps, all the dishes came with the same rice! I have tried alligator before and was hoping to get a tasty dish and that was not the case. The food was veryyyy blend, underseasoned and greasy. The shrimps were supposed to be grilled and they were fried.
I am the type of person that never writes reviews so you decide whether to go there or not. I would not recommend this place to anyone and would never go back.