“Wing City”

Legends Taphouse & Grill
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brantford
“Wing City”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The staff, most have a great attitude with smiles. The sports atmosphere is the best,
Todd the owner is a meet and greet kind of guy which makes it special.
Jen and Heidi are my personal favorites for service.
Wings, wings YES YES YES and the beer.
You wont regret it.
Brian

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank brian_dhall

Paris, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We've eaten at Legends a number of times and we've always had friendly service and excellent food. Servings are large. They have 16 TV's (featuring 4 channels) spaced around the restaurant so no matter where you sit, you can catch the action. They have live entertainment Friday evenings and hopefully additional live bands will be added this year. This is one of our favourite restaurants!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Margaret F
Brantford, Canada
“Not for Football Fans”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience at Legends yesterday (week 17 of the NFL). We were drawn there as we had noticed they offer an all you can eat wing special on Sundays - we figured this would be perfect while we watched some football and eagerly anticipated how the play off picture was going to pan out. As we arrived, the scenario was perfect - the few games that consisted of "win and they're in" teams were on the TVs in addition to the Arizona vs SanFran game that included a team that could potentially still make the NFC wild card with a win and a Saints loss. All that needed to be shown was on, and it seemed it would be the perfect Football viewing experience. But then it started to take a turn for the worse. Someone at the bar had requested the New England game be put on a tv - which apparently means about 4 other TVs needed to change with it. And for some reason one of the most exciting and meaningful games was compromised as a result. I pleaded with the waitress to get the game back on one of the channels but for some reason two of the other channels (which also control about 4 TVs) were unable to show the same game that was just on. After persisting a while longer, I was able to convince the slightly less than friendly bartender to put the game back on its original TV and put the New England game on one of the separate channels that couldn't show the original game I'm talking about. (As a side note, this New England fan was quite selfish as his game did not effect the play off picture - New England was in regardless and Buffalo was out regardless - so lame). At least happy that the exciting game that actually effected the playoff picture was showing we were back to being somewhat content with the exception of cursing the New England fan silently in our heads. But then it got worse. After all of my efforts to get this game back on the TV, with less than a minute left and a tied score, I watch as the Bar Tender of Doom pulled up the TV guide on my channel and once again change the channel I have struggled so hard to keep showing this (now very exciting and intense) playoff deciding game. THIS TIME in favor of the Leaf game - or in actuality the 8 minute countdown to puck drop - WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE LEFT IN A TIED GAME. I stood up and yelled that she was changing my channel again, and this time another gentleman seated across the way from me was up and in agreeance. Her defense was that she had a "bunch of leaf fans" requesting that game - BUT WE WERE WATCHING A COUNTDOWN TO PUCK DROP - not a game (and I could not see these supposed leaf fans she was referring to). Not only that, why did THAT channel need to show the hockey game? She said she couldn't put the game back on because the other TVs could not show that channel - so tell me again why the Hockey Game needed to be on the only TV that was able to show the game? I was certainly not impressed by her argument nor her attitude. After having to watch the scores update on my phone instead, I can honestly say we will never again visit Legends on a Sunday. We will stick to legitimate sports bars who understand that Sundays are for Football, not countdowns to puck drops. Absolutely Brutal! If you ever make the same mistake as we did and show up on a Sunday and come across a bartender named Michelle or Meghan or something to that effect (she wears a tacky pair of jeans while every other server looks professional in black bottoms), let her know she sucks at controlling the channels on the TVs and should really be educated on the sports realm to improve at her job. Absolutely BRUTAL.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank mackensie g
“Average food & service”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We have been here now twice, for breakfast and dinner. The decor and atmosphere are what you would expect; great for sports teams. The food is average with big helpings and the service is average.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jona G
Paris, Canada
“Would not go back!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went there for breakfast. After having 3 warm coffees and 1 complaint our meal came out.
It was 45 minutes coming and the order was wrong. I was upset and told waitress to forget it and put $4 down for the coffee. She came to me as I was leaving and said that was $4.50.
I should have listened to the ladies beside us who had waited 1 hour and there breakfasts came out warmish...
Will not have to try this place again as there are other places in Paris that serve good breakfast.
We just wanted to give it a chance.

• Visited November 2013