“Closed- Opened under new management as "Stillwater"”
Review of Kenu - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As stated in the title, Kenu is no more. Beautiful location and view but really terrible food. Happy to see that someone else is giving it a go, hopefully with better results this time!

2  Thank St_Belmont

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very poor selection of beers. Pulled Pork was served cold. When it was re-heated it did not have any flavor. We arrived home picked up the newspaper to read their add which stated two for one starting Thursday - guess what ? We (four to our party) were there on Thursday and the waitress neglected to tell us about the special. We won't be back.

3  Thank Ken T
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was suppose to be a birthday celebration for my husband. It turned out to be a nightmare. We arrived on time to find that our request for a window table did not exist.(I made the reservations 6 days in advance). We were told that a table would be ready in 15 minutes and that if he had my telephone number he could have called to inform me. I had called that morning and had asked if I could bring a birthday cake. No one said that a table by the window was not available. After sitting in the lounge for 15 minutes, with waitresses walking by constantly, and not even getting served with drinks, we went back into the restaurant to see that the table was still not ready and the host making a comment that we had been only waiting for 5 minutes - basically saying 'what's the problem?" He informed us that it would be another 5 minutes. We went back to the lounge to meet up with our party and decided that we had enough and decided to leave. At that point a waitress finally acknowledged that we were there and said that a table was ready - sorry too late! We drove into Brantford and went to the Keg where we were greeted with warmth, humour and hospitality. If this restaurant survives, I'll be very surprised. Did I say that we drove from Burlington in the pouring rain - about 50 km!

2  Thank jill m
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to the Kenu mid April of 2013. When we arrived the restaurant was very clean and had a modern look to it.

The staff was very attentive and helpul with the menu. Food was delicious we both had hamburgers and fries with a starter of poutine. Bother were fantastic as they have local produce so its all super fresh.

I would definately recommend this restautant to anyone in the area. Try to get seats next to the window as the view is excellent

1  Thank jajramsay
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant was referred to in a conversation with a friend. We made it our destination on a Tuesday afternoon, arriving at approx 4:45. We were greeted in a very friendly manner. We were seated at a comfortable table overlooking the river, Tuesday was an all-you-can -eat mussel day. We used these as a starter and went on to the fish meal for two. Both were excellent, and, in fact, more than we could eat. The staff were courteous and friendly, the premises clean and very attractive.

1  Thank Len R