“great day”
Review of Treks in the Wild - Day Tour - CLOSED

Treks in the Wild - Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Treks In The Wild offers canoe & kayak guided trips and rentals on the Grand River. We are located only 1 hour from Toronto near Paris and Brantford in Southern Ontario. We specialize in offering entertaining and safe outdoor experiences and adventures.
Dundalk, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“great day”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My brother and I enjoyed a great day on the Grand river. We put in at Glen Morris and canoed into Paris Ontario. Andy was great shuttling us upstream and putting the canoe into the river for us. He has a great knowledge of the river and was happy to share advise. The service was friendly and professional. Treks in the Wild allowed us to enjoy a terrific day without the lugging and slugging you usually must do on a canoe trip. It was great and so was the fishing.

1 Thank tcass_12

Fort Erie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hunger Games Inspired Survival Course”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We did the Hunger Games inspired survival course on August 10, 2013. We had a great time learning different primitive fire making techniques and shelter building. There was section on wild edible plants which was fascinating.

I would definitely take another workshop or a trip with this company!

Ajax, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hunger Games inspired survival course”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We did the Hunger games survival course on August 10, 2013. It exceeded my expectations in the amount of information that we received in a one day course. I originally registered to learn about primitive fire making. But surprised myself at how interested I was in the edible plants section. Andy's plant knowledge was very impressive. We could not walk four feet without learning about a plant that would give you some benefit. It has peeked my interest so much that I plan on buying some guides on wild edible & medicinal plants. The archery section was also very interesting to me. So much so that I have already looked into finding a local archery club,& plan on buying a couple of bows. In my research, I discovered that the city of Toronto has an archery range at Seton Park. I would encourage more people try the Hunger Games Survival course. I hope that Treks in the Wild creates a Hunger games survival wknd in the back country. I'd be in for sure.

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Trip!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I highly recommend Treks in the Wild and will definitely be booking another trip with them soon. I went on a three day back country canoe trip with Andy and Brenden north east of Sudbury. It was so nice to just be able to relax and know that everything was taken of. The trip was timed perfectly - we got in solid paddling, with enough time to stop to swim, cliff jump and even visit a gorgeous waterfall and lagoon, and always pulled back into our camp site at the perfect time to start winding down for dinner. The meals were fantastic! So fresh and delicious (thanks to Andy's wife who is a nutritionist for planning!). It was so nice to be able to wake up and have coffee and breakfast ready and to know that another great day was in store. The scenery was breath taking and it felt like we had the lakes all to ourselves - we only passed a couple other canoes the entire trip! We saw lots of loons, moose tracks and beaver dams. I'm a city girl who has never been on a canoe trip and can barely pitch a tent - it was so nice to get out of the city and go on a perfectly planned trip where our guides knew exactly where they were going and had everything perfectly timed/planned, yet were still really flexible to adapt to our groups' interests. The equipment was in great shape and the guides were fantastic - they fit right in with our group of four. I couldn't have asked for a better trip and having raving about this one since I got back. They really set the bar high on this trip. Thanks Andy and Brenden!

Visited July 2013
Grimsby, Canada
“Awesome Grand River Canoe Trip!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a fantastic day on the Grand River with 6 canoes, 1 kayak, 1 Voyager canoe! Excellent equipment, very knowledgeable guide, fantastic canoeing, scenery, bald eagle, even rapids to canoe through! The 13 young kids (and adults) had a super (and very safe) day, even stopped in a little inlet to have lunch on the bank of the river and swim in the water. Highly recommend this day trip with Treks in the Wild...Huge thanks to Andy, our excellent and highly-skilled guide! Looking forward to doing it next year for our 4th time!!