“Family friendly outdoor adventures!”
Review of Treks in the Wild - Day Tour - CLOSED

Treks in the Wild - Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Treks In The Wild offers canoe & kayak guided trips and rentals on the Grand River. We are located only 1 hour from Toronto near Paris and Brantford in Southern Ontario. We specialize in offering entertaining and safe outdoor experiences and adventures.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have gone out with Andy and his crew on many occasions and each time we discover something new about the community in which we live! He is passionate about his love for the outdoors and clearly enjoys sharing this with all who experience his trips. Our son has experienced the Hunger Games camp, we have gone snowshoeing, eaten wild edibles, been entertained on many a river/camping expedition all while having fun and feeling very well looked after. Ben said it best when he described scooting down some white water rapids on the Grand River better than any amusement park ride. He named this new waterpark "the Great Canadian Rapids" and we try and visit them every year now. Spend a day, an overnight, a weekend with Treks in the Wild and you will have a newfound appreciation for being active in the natural world!!

There are newer reviews for Treks in the Wild - Day Tour

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our Guided Kayak trip was amazing. Majority of the paddle was relaxing in a beautiful environment. But there was enough areas of faster water to keep it interesting and challenging, but not too hard for beginners. Our guide Danni was delightful and full of educational information, which I loved. She seemed to enjoy the trip as much as we did. Very unusual for a paid guide who has probably taken this trip hundreds of times. We drove up for Niagara Falls area. Took about 1hr, 15 min. Definitely worth the drive. It was a highlight of our trip. After the trip they recommended a great restaurant there is Paris. So my husband says "now you can tell your friends I took you to Paris for lunch on our 20th anniversary".

Reviewed June 18, 2013

In short, Treks is the company you should definitely consider. My experience is limited to canoe rentals.

Our group had 29 people with 12 canoes and the trip from Glen Morris to Paris on June 15, 2013. Truth be told, Treks was not the first company I've contacted. Planning a canoe trip with the other company was a terrible experience to say the least. Treks' experience from initial planning to docking canoes however was painless. Highly highly recommended.

Thanks Barry and the Treks team. See you again next year.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We loved everything about the experience!  The guides were super well trained, knowledgeable and friendly.  We felt safe at all times and we really learned a lot.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our experience was wonderful. I took my 3 boys out for a day on the water, the two youngest had never experienced being out on the water before so the owner recommended that I use a guide and boy am I glad that I did! Barry, our guide was extremely nice, and very experienced! He gave the kids plenty of time to stop and explore neat places along the shore and he let them swim in the light rapids under his expert supervision. Overall our experience with Barry gave the kids an opportunity to see and do things I would have never been able to have given them on my own. The day was absolutely perfect - thank you!