“Kayaking is my new favourite sport”

Grand Experiences Canoe & Kayak Outfitter - Day Tours
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I bought my husband a gift cert. for a trip down Big Creek last Christmas. I figured he would ask one or 2 of his family to go with him. I was wrong. He wanted me to go. Being petrified of the water after a bad canoeing experience I said no. He finally got me to agree. Jamie gave me some private instructions and guidance on the river with him and my husband on each side of my kayak. I got my confidence back in no time. Thanks Jamie! A week later we were paddling Big Creek with Jamie guiding the trip. It was an awesome experience and I would do it again in an instant. I would book again with Grand Experience.
MJ

Reviewed August 26, 2013

1st class outfitter , takes care of everything. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Will use them again in the future for other trips. I did the Tuscororan run from Glen Morris down to Brantford , stopping at the Paris portage for a quick lunch. The river surprised me , more shallow and faster flowing than I expected. This made for a much better trip with all the "rapids". Glad I had the kayak. Could still do it in a canoe, but would need someone up front with experience to avoid the rocks.

And very reasonably priced as well ! Will go back in the spring for the higher water.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The "one" is for the view and the birds.

This outfitter let me go out without a life jacket that fit, even after I pointed it out. They asked us to portage our canoes to and from parking areas...I think that's what we were paying them for...we were provided with no safety instructions or indication of what to expect. One of our canoes was caught in a strong current, spun sideways and flipped - a life jacket that worked would have been helpful - also warning of this area ahead of time would have been great. We came out bleeding, bruised, and pretty ticked. It was more like pole vaulting over rocks than canoeing.

"You should be OK, if you keep to the left" does not constitute directional or safety information. We'll never be back.

10  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We experienced our first instructional kayaking trip on the Grand River from Paris to Brant Conservation Area on August 8 with our son and daughter-in-law. We had a wonderful time. Our instructor, Rick, gave us lessons in the morning in calm waters and then, when we were comfortable, took us down the river. He shared his wealth of information about the river and the surrounding area, pointing out different birds, turtles and wildlife along the way. We would definitely recommend this trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We did kayaking on Aug 4 with a 3 of my friends. There was about 30 people in the whole group which isn't too bad. We were launched at a different location as they normally would because of the current. So we had to shuttle to the launch site. Although the staff seems helpful, I find them disorganized. We were told to be at 1115 at the pick up point, but was kept waiting till about 12pm. Although I enjoyed the experience, I'll probably try another company if I decide to do this again

3  Thank Jaysinn