Grand Experiences Canoe & Kayak Outfitter - Day Tours
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Kayak Trip”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

1st class outfitter , takes care of everything. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Will use them again in the future for other trips. I did the Tuscororan run from Glen Morris down to Brantford , stopping at the Paris portage for a quick lunch. The river surprised me , more shallow and faster flowing than I expected. This made for a much better trip with all the "rapids". Glad I had the kayak. Could still do it in a canoe, but would need someone up front with experience to avoid the rocks.

And very reasonably priced as well ! Will go back in the spring for the higher water.

Hamilton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A not so grand experience...Glen Eden to Paris Canoe Trip”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The "one" is for the view and the birds.

This outfitter let me go out without a life jacket that fit, even after I pointed it out. They asked us to portage our canoes to and from parking areas...I think that's what we were paying them for...we were provided with no safety instructions or indication of what to expect. One of our canoes was caught in a strong current, spun sideways and flipped - a life jacket that worked would have been helpful - also warning of this area ahead of time would have been great. We came out bleeding, bruised, and pretty ticked. It was more like pole vaulting over rocks than canoeing.

"You should be OK, if you keep to the left" does not constitute directional or safety information. We'll never be back.

Visited July 2013
10 Thank Nancy P
Paris, Canada
“Kayaking”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We experienced our first instructional kayaking trip on the Grand River from Paris to Brant Conservation Area on August 8 with our son and daughter-in-law. We had a wonderful time. Our instructor, Rick, gave us lessons in the morning in calm waters and then, when we were comfortable, took us down the river. He shared his wealth of information about the river and the surrounding area, pointing out different birds, turtles and wildlife along the way. We would definitely recommend this trip.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Kayaking”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We did kayaking on Aug 4 with a 3 of my friends. There was about 30 people in the whole group which isn't too bad. We were launched at a different location as they normally would because of the current. So we had to shuttle to the launch site. Although the staff seems helpful, I find them disorganized. We were told to be at 1115 at the pick up point, but was kept waiting till about 12pm. Although I enjoyed the experience, I'll probably try another company if I decide to do this again

3 Thank Jaysinn
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Grand River south of Brantford with Friends”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arranged an afternoon outing with friends (six in number) and, although the route was changed at the last minute due to strong currents, we had a very scenic and enjoyable time. The kayaks and paddles were in pretty good shape. On the other hand, the life vests were very old and ill fitting at best and the scags did not work, which would have been helpful with the strong currents and eddies. During the paddle, it did not seem as though there was anyone from Grand Experiences on the river with us. In total there were 30 people with the group we were part of and they were spread out over about a mile of river, so it wasn't crowded at all. At the end of the paddle, we waited an hour for a vehicle to come and pick us up, even through the boat trailer was already at the pick up point when we arrived. Considering that our paddle was two hours and the travel and waiting before and afterwards totalled two and half hours, it seemed like a very long afternoon. This is the second Grand River trip we've done with Grand Experiences and we've enjoyed both trips. Next time, however, we'll try another company.

2 Thank Bob l