“12 km, canoe trip, 3 hrs”

Grand Experiences Canoe & Kayak Outfitter - Day Tours
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Only 1.5 hrs away from Toronto, in Paris, Ontario. First time in canoeing, have a brief but helpful instruction before we started our trip. 4 teenagers and 6 adults in total. Peaceful and quite in river, and good scenery.
For our no experience group, there are several times we are in shallow water that makes us has to push the canoe to high water level. But you can count as part of experience. Generally speaking, everyone enjoyed this trip very much. Staff are very friendly, it is a well organized company. For sure we will go back next year.
Remember start your trip early so you will have enough time and more relax to complete the 12km trip.

2  Thank sleepyhead81_8

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had a really great experience during my lesson and canoe trip down the Grand River. The staff were extremely helpful and I learned a lot!

Thank you!

2  Thank Ad1231
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Grand River is a great tour for kayaking but Grand Experiences did not make it a pleasant journey. The kayaks that they supply are cheap, outdated junk! Their kayaks are flat bottomed and use plastic rudders which are bent on all of them, causing the kayaks to steer uncontrollably. This can create a dangerous situation on the river. Not to mention they were half an hour late getting us to the launch point, once there it was just total chaos, as nobody knew where their equipment was, as no instruction was given by the guides. We will never use their services again. There are cheaper companies in the area that provide much better quality equipment, we will be going there next time.

6  Thank M W
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yesterday we had a great day canoeing and kayaking on the Grand with our 3 teenagers. It was a good way to practice our paddling skills, since we haven't done that in quite some time. I appreciate the fact that our driver warned us that the water level is low and so we should stay on the left side of the river. Next time we'd probably want a trip with a bit more of a challenge. I'd like to suggest that the website is a bit intimidating. Perhaps some of the warnings about "fast water" on the Oneida Run could be toned down to say, "occasional swift current. Easy ride for anyone that knows how to paddle."

2  Thank Eve M
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had organized a group of 10 to do the Seneca run from Cambridge to Paris on Saturday, August 25th. The team at Grand River Experiences was very responsive by emails and phone, however when we arrived at 11am (as requested) they were not prepared for us. All but three had paid in advance so we only needed to sign the waivers. The only girl in the office seemed to be annoyed by our presence and struggled to find the waivers for us to sign that were in her binder. There were many comments among my group as she didn't crack a smile nor was she very welcoming.

We were told to come into the office for 11am as our trip would being at 11:30am. This was the second time I have canoed with Grand Experiences and it was the second time the bus had been more than 30 minutes late to pick us up to begin the trip. I will say that the bus driver and crew seemed very enthiusastic and were more than accommodating and helpful.

The river in Cambridge was very shallow and many times we all had to get out of our canoes and push ourselves past certain areas which we weren't told about. Still, it was a fun day out and we all made it to the end - 6 hours later - with a smile on our faces.

I would probably use Grand Experience again