“Great day for family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand River Rafting Company

Grand River Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand River Rafting offers one of the most unique outdoor wilderness tours on the Grand River... 1 hour west of Toronto and Niagara Falls.Choose a guided or self guided day trip. Great for beginners!We offer rafting, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, cycling, hiking, moonlight paddles and stand up paddleboards.The 4-5 hour guided paddling trips teach on edible plants and trees, First Nations history, fish & wildlife, body surfing, drinking from springs and paddling some splash.Paddling lessons available.Camping available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We took a self guided raft trip with Grand River Rafting. It was a perfect day with our 13 and 11 year olds. It was such a fun day for all of us. We could work as hard as we wanted with paddling, or just go with the current. The kids really enjoyed the body surfing! Grand River Rafting staff are professional and friendly from the moment of contact, right through to drop off at your car. The route is well laid out with landmarks on the map, complete with a picnic area to stop for lunch. They thought of everything, and made it an easy day for us to enjoy with the kids!

We stayed at the Hampton Suites in Brantford, which was a 10 minute drive to our start point. They offer a complimentary hot buffet breakfast every day, and during the week they offered a daily reception from 6 - 8pm with snacks and drinks. Everyone was very friendly and the room was perfect for us.

Visited August 2012

Mississauga
“A Perfect Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The other day my husband, teenage daughter and myself took a self guided kayak trip down the Grand River. We chose to rent our kayaks through Grand River Rafting Company based on all the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. From start to finish our day was perfect and we can see why their rating is nothing short of excellent. Garth was hospitable, knowledgeable and went over our route in great detail so we wouldn't miss out on any points of interest while paddling on our own. Our kayaks were adjusted for each of us so we would be comfortable throughout the trip and little details such as bottled water and dry sacks for our clothes, camera's and lunches were provided. I especially liked the fact that the trip started and ended on our time. I scheduled my family to start at 10:30 am and was told to take as long as I liked for the trip down river, no rush, just call 20 minutes before you reach the end for pickup.

We were especially lucky because Barry one of the guides was taking a group on a rafting adventure at about the same time as we left. Intermittently we came across his group during our day and he was always caring, attentive and informative. He went out of his way to make sure our day was a pleasant one. In short, we don't hesitate recommending Grand River Rafting Company to anyone who wishes to experiencing kayaking on the Grand River.

Peter, Kari & Brianna

Visited July 2012
1 Thank KRSMississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Finance Teambuilding Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We organized a Finance Teambuilding event and chose the buried treasure hunt rafting expedition. Not only was it a ton of fun, it was a very unique experience and one that I would recommend (sorry no spoilers!). Our guide Dale was courteous and knowledgeable. The scenery is spectacular. Everyone walked away talking about it for weeks. The whole event was well organized and we all had a fantastic time! Overall a unique concept. This is one activity that we would definitely do again. The food was great, although one recommendation I have is if you do order the lunch and request a special order that you follow up upon arrival to ensure that special requests are met. If you don’t own water socks I highly suggest you go out and buy a pair, it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Visited June 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“First time Kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Learning to kayak with Grand River Rafting, was a great experience. My two teenage boys, quickly became comfortable in the kayaks, and that's when their fun began! Splashing each other, and other teenage silliness! I, myself, found kayaking easier than I expected, having never paddled anything!

The instruction, and guided tour was so enjoyable, I'm already thinking of planning another trip!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kimberly W
Paris, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 Generations Grand Rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

A great trip thanks to the attention & care of Garth & and our guide Jason.Rafting was a new experience plus great birdwatching and we enjoyed it all.The Grand River is a rare environmental success story and Grand River Rafting has been a big part of this story allowing us a nature adventure and learning experience.

Visited June 2012