“Very professional. Excellent trip”

Grand River Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand River Rafting offers one of the most unique outdoor wilderness tours on the Grand River... 1 hour west of Toronto and Niagara Falls.Choose a guided or self guided day trip. Great for beginners!We offer rafting, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, cycling, hiking, moonlight paddles and stand up paddleboards.The 4-5 hour guided paddling trips teach on edible plants and trees, First Nations history, fish & wildlife, body surfing, drinking from springs and paddling some splash.Paddling lessons available.Camping available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It was a wonderful experience for our families. The guides are very professional and caring. They took their time to explain to us about the wilderness along the river instead of rushing through the trip. The path is easy and relaxing. They take safety seriously. It is nice to join. Good for all ages!

1  Thank Philip C
"waterproof bag"
"we arrived early"
"river guide"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Thank you to Garth for a fantastic day. Paddling down the Grand river in a two man kayak was a blast. The scenery and wildlife including two baby deer drinking riverside was amazing. Garth made the experience so easy. We will be back soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a terrific day for our first experience paddling with children (10&8). The service from first contact making the booking to saying goodbye at the end of the day was friendly, professional and enthusiastic. Our guide, Jason, was helpful and knowledgeable. The scenery was beautiful and we can hardly wait to repeat the experience! Thank you Garth, Chad and Jason!

1  Thank bunnycakes
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Garth & Chad are all about having the best service available. The night before our trip, we received an email from Garth warning us of the chance of heavy rains. We were given the option to switch dates or tough it out. My girlfriend and I decided we would be brave and stay with the original plan. Next morning we woke up and changed our minds quickly!!! Garth was totally accommodating and set us up for the following day. It turned out to be a perfect trip!!!
The Grand River area is spectacular and they are located in the heart of it all! We are repeat customers and will be back again. Can't wait!!!

Jason & Julie
Ayr ON

See more reviews
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The first time my wife suggested to go rafting with her visiting father, I laughed at her. Let me explain why. I have guided rafts along the Ottawa River for a couple of years. I am a certified level III Swift River Rescue Technician and a Wilderness First Responder. In case people don't know; an average day on the Ottawa would involve some of the biggest rapids in Canada, if not the world, with ratings of I, II, III and IV. Judging by my experience, I just didn't think that brining an elderly gentleman and his wife, who's terrified of water, on a rafting trip.

Then my wife told me about Grand River Rafting. At first it was a pleasant surprise that there is a river outfitter so close to Toronto. After having a brief conversation with Garth, I was convinced that this trip is just what we need. Officially there are a few rapids (class I) on the Grand River and only at high water levels (read: March, April, May), but due to the warm winter, this river comes of as a relaxing floating trip down some fast moving water with the cleanest water you can find west of Toronto. The river is shallow, never going deeper then a couple of feet and due to swiftness, paddling was easy and not always necessary. Some of the greatest wilderness views in the middle of densely populated parts of the province were surrounding us for the whole day. A cooling body surf along an island and a lunch at a pristine area were all part of the trip, as well as swimming past the Three Sisters and taking out in Paris, Ontario.

The part of the day that made this trip unforgettable was our guide - Barry. As mentioned earlier, I've guided rafting trips and know a lot of guides who work on several different rivers. Barry was one of the best and most knowledgeable river runners I've met. He was able to keep us constantly entertained with information on flora and fauna that grows along the riverbanks. He took us along the shores where he showed us an amazing hollowed out 300 year-old tree and a plethora of wild edible plants.

Everybody at Grand River Rafting was very accommodating: we were able to set up our own put-in time and Barry was ready for us with dry bags and a cooler full of water. Throughout the day, Barry kept amazing me with his vast knowledge, technique and approach to clients, even when we had to constantly interrupt him in order to translate what he was saying for our guests. I've learned more useful stuff in one day with Barry, then I did taking a Botany course in college. Everybody in our group was extremely happy with the trip and enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Bottom Line: This is not an "extreme" trip, it is an "interpretive" trip. If you want to play-boat, surf or hit some waves, go somewhere else. But if you want to expose a city dweller to the great outdoors of Canada, then this is definitely the place to go.

4  Thank Oleksandr S