Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great company!

Have rented canoes with them several times. They are organized and staff us nice. Love that they... read more

Reviewed November 11, 2018
bekl2016
Brantford, Canada
via mobile
Fun for the whole family

We had never done this type of activity before, but we definately will again! It was really fun! My... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Ottawa_Area_Local
Ottawa, Canada

All reviews dry bag grand river rafting picnic area rafting trip lots of fun starting point life jackets beautiful scenery on the rocks end point waterproof bag fun and relaxing glen morris porta potties spring water conservation area the owner
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Garth & Chad are all about having the best service available. The night before our trip, we received an email from Garth warning us of the chance of heavy rains. We were given the option to switch dates or tough it out. My girlfriend and I decided we would be brave and stay with the original plan. Next morning we woke up and changed our minds quickly!!! Garth was totally accommodating and set us up for the following day. It turned out to be a perfect trip!!!
The Grand River area is spectacular and they are located in the heart of it all! We are repeat customers and will be back again. Can't wait!!!

Jason & Julie
Ayr ON

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The first time my wife suggested to go rafting with her visiting father, I laughed at her. Let me explain why. I have guided rafts along the Ottawa River for a couple of years. I am a certified level III Swift River Rescue Technician and a Wilderness First Responder. In case people don't know; an average day on the Ottawa would involve some of the biggest rapids in Canada, if not the world, with ratings of I, II, III and IV. Judging by my experience, I just didn't think that brining an elderly gentleman and his wife, who's terrified of water, on a rafting trip.

Then my wife told me about Grand River Rafting. At first it was a pleasant surprise that there is a river outfitter so close to Toronto. After having a brief conversation with Garth, I was convinced that this trip is just what we need. Officially there are a few rapids (class I) on the Grand River and only at high water levels (read: March, April, May), but due to the warm winter, this river comes of as a relaxing floating trip down some fast moving water with the cleanest water you can find west of Toronto. The river is shallow, never going deeper then a couple of feet and due to swiftness, paddling was easy and not always necessary. Some of the greatest wilderness views in the middle of densely populated parts of the province were surrounding us for the whole day. A cooling body surf along an island and a lunch at a pristine area were all part of the trip, as well as swimming past the Three Sisters and taking out in Paris, Ontario.

The part of the day that made this trip unforgettable was our guide - Barry. As mentioned earlier, I've guided rafting trips and know a lot of guides who work on several different rivers. Barry was one of the best and most knowledgeable river runners I've met. He was able to keep us constantly entertained with information on flora and fauna that grows along the riverbanks. He took us along the shores where he showed us an amazing hollowed out 300 year-old tree and a plethora of wild edible plants.

Everybody at Grand River Rafting was very accommodating: we were able to set up our own put-in time and Barry was ready for us with dry bags and a cooler full of water. Throughout the day, Barry kept amazing me with his vast knowledge, technique and approach to clients, even when we had to constantly interrupt him in order to translate what he was saying for our guests. I've learned more useful stuff in one day with Barry, then I did taking a Botany course in college. Everybody in our group was extremely happy with the trip and enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Bottom Line: This is not an "extreme" trip, it is an "interpretive" trip. If you want to play-boat, surf or hit some waves, go somewhere else. But if you want to expose a city dweller to the great outdoors of Canada, then this is definitely the place to go.

4  Thank Oleksandr S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Awesome adventure with friendly staff is all about Garth company.
We enjoyed it a lot.Even after 4.5 hours grand river rafting we still were excited.
Paddling,Drinking spring water,Watching the beautiful scenes,and etc were fantastic.
Please make sure to go to the Brown Dog Coffee shop and try apple fritters after the trip......Delicious,Great!Thanks Garth for hospitality.

2  Thank Maar1391
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was the first time we did water rafting in Grand River with Garth and his team. We had spectacular time and really enjoyed it! The guides were knowledgeable and very kind, polite and patient. They make sure that the needs of their clients come first. Thanks to the thoughtfulness and professionalism of this great company. I'll be back again for the fall since the scenery will be fantastic for sure. Can’t wait for it !

1  Thank Grand_River_Lover
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our guide, Barry, was extremely knowledgeable and made for a very enjoyable trip for me and a few of my friends. Would definitely recommend.

Be sure to check out the Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe afterwords for a great bite to eat.