“Excellent for coporate or group retreat”

Grand River Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand River Rafting offers one of the most unique outdoor wilderness tours on the Grand River... 1 hour west of Toronto and Niagara Falls.Choose a guided or self guided day trip. Great for beginners!We offer rafting, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, cycling, hiking, moonlight paddles and stand up paddleboards.The 4-5 hour guided paddling trips teach on edible plants and trees, First Nations history, fish & wildlife, body surfing, drinking from springs and paddling some splash.Paddling lessons available.Camping available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked this trip for our work retreat. Garth thought of absolutely everything and made everything run so smoothly. From directions to maps to marshmallows at night, the team made the trip seamless. We stayed in tents, provided by Garth, while others were in the Five Oaks Chalet, which has a full kitchen, ample space, and was neat and clean.

The river rafting, team building exercises, and kayaking trip were perfect and we felt so well taken care of. The food was fantastic and gourmet. The chef was able to cater to all our dietary restrictions (there were a lot!). They took an effort to make everything accessible for small kids, non-swimmers, and even a puppy.

I would recommend this company for groups events. We hope to come back as a family to enjoy the incredibly beautiful river next year. I would say this trip was definitely worth the money and the team went above and beyond to make it memorable.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"porta potties"
"booking process"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"great adventure"
"service provided"
in 2 reviews
"great equipment"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I booked the trip for Mother's day and went rafting with my kids. It was an amazing experience! Our guide was Barry, and he was fabulous! All the kids loved it! Thank you so much Garth and Barry!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I purchased a wag jag coupon to rent 2 kayaks for a self guided tour. We arrived early and they were ready to set us out onto the water early. We were provided with a map, dry bag and life jackets. We got a run through of the map and then we were off on our way. It was a nice relaxing paddle down the river with a few small "rapids". At the end point, you call Garth (the owner) and they send transportation to bring you back to your car.

I would recommend this outfitter for self guided tours and it sounds like they have a number of other learning and interactive trips. The grand river is not far from the GTA, so definately do-able for a day trip!

1  Thank Take_Me_Away85
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I organized a rafting trip and camping retreat for a corporate group of 30 people and was blown away by the organization, knowledge of the guides, team building activities, and professionalism of the group! The entire adventure exceeded my expectations and my group absolutely loved the experience. The memories created on our trip are priceless. Thank you Garth (and your guides) for such a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Grand River Rafting for a corporate group, group of friends, or family - there is something for everyone!

1  Thank am s
See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Thanks Garth for a great day on the Grand River! Thanks Dale for hanging out with us when you could have been enjoying the day on your own. You really made us comfortable in the Kayaks and showed us some great spots to stop and enjoy what the river has to offer. Megan passed out on the way home and slept the whole way. First words out of her mouth when she woke was "mom we need to buy a couple of Kayaks". Too funny.
Thanks again and we will certainly see you in the future. Have fun next weekend Dale!
Kim and Megan

Been to Grand River Rafting Company? Share your experiences!