Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great company!

Have rented canoes with them several times. They are organized and staff us nice. Love that they... read more

Reviewed November 11, 2018
bekl2016
Brantford, Canada
via mobile
Fun for the whole family

We had never done this type of activity before, but we definately will again! It was really fun! My... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Ottawa_Area_Local
Ottawa, Canada

All reviews dry bag grand river rafting picnic area rafting trip lots of fun starting point life jackets beautiful scenery on the rocks end point waterproof bag glen morris porta potties spring water conservation area the owner water shoes
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I booked the trip for Mother's day and went rafting with my kids. It was an amazing experience! Our guide was Barry, and he was fabulous! All the kids loved it! Thank you so much Garth and Barry!

Date of experience: May 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I purchased a wag jag coupon to rent 2 kayaks for a self guided tour. We arrived early and they were ready to set us out onto the water early. We were provided with a map, dry bag and life jackets. We got a run through of the map and then we were off on our way. It was a nice relaxing paddle down the river with a few small "rapids". At the end point, you call Garth (the owner) and they send transportation to bring you back to your car.

I would recommend this outfitter for self guided tours and it sounds like they have a number of other learning and interactive trips. The grand river is not far from the GTA, so definately do-able for a day trip!

Date of experience: October 2011
1  Thank Take_Me_Away85
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I organized a rafting trip and camping retreat for a corporate group of 30 people and was blown away by the organization, knowledge of the guides, team building activities, and professionalism of the group! The entire adventure exceeded my expectations and my group absolutely loved the experience. The memories created on our trip are priceless. Thank you Garth (and your guides) for such a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Grand River Rafting for a corporate group, group of friends, or family - there is something for everyone!

1  Thank am s
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Thanks Garth for a great day on the Grand River! Thanks Dale for hanging out with us when you could have been enjoying the day on your own. You really made us comfortable in the Kayaks and showed us some great spots to stop and enjoy what the river has to offer. Megan passed out on the way home and slept the whole way. First words out of her mouth when she woke was "mom we need to buy a couple of Kayaks". Too funny.
Thanks again and we will certainly see you in the future. Have fun next weekend Dale!
Kim and Megan

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I took a 1 hour kayaking lesson with Garth and then went on a 14 k paddle on our own. Garth was a great source of information on the area and kayaking. He showed us the correct way to paddle (something other out fitters had not) and what to look for in purchasing a kayak in the future. We purchased lunches in advance which were placed in a cooler for us and were delicious. We had a wonderful time going at our own pace as they only do one booking per boat per day, which meant we could explore and take our time. I highly recommend Garth and the Grand River Rafting company. We plan on going again.