“Memorable Anniversary Adventure”

Grand River Rafting Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand River Rafting offers one of the most unique outdoor wilderness tours on the Grand River... 1 hour west of Toronto and Niagara Falls.Choose a guided or self guided day trip. Great for beginners!We offer rafting, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, cycling, hiking, moonlight paddles and stand up paddleboards.The 4-5 hour guided paddling trips teach on edible plants and trees, First Nations history, fish & wildlife, body surfing, drinking from springs and paddling some splash.Paddling lessons available.Camping available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We’re so glad that we chose Grand River Rafting for our annual anniversary adventure. Knowing that we hadn’t kayaked before, Garth not only taught us kayaking basics but also how to read the river’s waters. He allayed our apprehensions of kayaking by providing us with ample time to practise before the tour started.

Dale, our tour guide, did an excellent job of leading the tour. He was very knowledgeable on everything about the Grand River and its surrounding area. We took occasional breaks from kayaking to refresh ourselves from cold refreshing water fed from natural fresh-water springs that dotted the banks of the Grand River, to peer into a tunnel of a abandoned gypsum mine and to hike up and along the river’s banks, where Dale showed us the area’s edible wild plants and birds that have returned to the now clean and revitalized ecosystem. Dale always had something interesting to talk about, which made our tour a pleasurable experience.

We had lots of fun kayaking and hiking and will fondly regard this as one of our most memorable anniversary adventures. If you’re looking to spend a day enjoying the sun and fun offered by the splendor and natural beauty of the Grand River, then we highly recommend that you start with Grand River Rafting.

1  Thank Married_With_Kitties
"waterproof bag"
"we arrived early"
"river guide"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My mother lives in Paris, Ontario. My five sisters and I planned a fun-filled weekend to celebrate her 85th birthday, and our Grand River rafting trip was definitely the highlight! Garth was very helpful planning a trip that followed our requests exactly, Jason was a fun and knowledgeable guide, and Dale (a guide from another trip) was so sweet he bought my mom dessert when we ran into him at a restaurant that evening! You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people or a more memorable float down the river, with just a little bit of fast water for some excitement and body surfing! Thanks, guys!

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We went for the July 1st long weekend and it was awesome! great weather and good laughs!! we camped in the secluded campsites, a little bit more secluded then we had anticipated but definately worth it. Our guide Eric was awesome, he kept us entertained and taught us lots! We swam most of the way down the river which was awesome as we are all puddle ducks. I would definately suggest this trip to anyone looking for a relaxing day on the waters.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

If you're looking for a thrilling, intense, rafting adventure akin to the rapids in Ottawa, you won't find that here. That's not to say that Grand River Rafting isn't a thoroughly enjoyable experience, because it is.

Our trip began with me losing my way to the launch site due to incorrect GPS instructions. This could have been a very frustrating situation, but the GRR team assisted my group (whom I was meeting at the launch site - a group of 6 in total) to locate me and even came pick me up . This was the first instance in which they impressed me, and it wasn't the last. I was continually impressed with the skill, professionalism, and depth of knowledge that our guide provided us throughout the journey.

I believe we chose the Oneida Trip, a lazy stroll down the river with a few short stops for lunch and lessons in regional history and nature. The scenery was breath-taking, but I particularly enjoyed the little tidbits of information the guide provided us with which included identification of flora that you might want to stay away from and the natural antidotes to the complications that they cause.

I highly recommend this tour to anyone looking to enjoy a relaxing day on the water. Good for all ages and physical abilities. It's a great way to relax, but if you're looking for an adrenalin rush, it probably isn't for you.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We are not outdoorsy people and never really do outdoor activities. So this was the perfect introduction to nature and fresh air. Barrie our guide was so personable and took great care of us. Highlights of the trip included a 300 year old sycamore tree that was fully hollowed out by carpenter ants, how to discern poison ivy and life saving anecdote, an edible plant that was hybrid between onion and garlic, a shag tree unique to the forest and many other plant species. The rafting part was really relaxing as well with occasional rapids. So that was the perfect chance to just converse, enjoy the company and soak up the sun. I would definitely recommend this trip if you are looking to get out of the city and looking for a relaxing outdoor activity.