“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have read other reviews of this place and they refer to it as dated. I thought it was comfortable. We were served by an older gentleman in a suit. He was very pleasant. we had delicious buns with olive oil and olives. I had calamari frutti which was a very large serving and very good. Next came grilled salmon with pasta in a little sauce, also very good. I ordered the extra vegetables for $4 and they tasted fine but I wouldn't do that again. I had a lot left over and brought it home for a nice meal the next day. My friend and I shared crepes with nutella, flambéed with Sambuca. I had a Dubonnet aperitif and my bill was $59 before tip so it is not cheap but it is less expensive than some of the others along Preston Street. We were able to park in the back yard. My friend ordered a mojito and she said it was the best that she has had. I would definitely go to this place again. I likes the ambience.

• Visited June 2014

“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a coupon for buy one get one free! The chicken parm with alfredo pasta is delicious! The décor is outdated but the service was friendly. We would return if we had another coupon, the menu is a bit overpriced. Overall enjoyable experience!

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Not a great experience........................................the decor is very old with Italian men walking around with unpleasant looks on there face.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 42rogerjohn
Ontario
“good but not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The atmosphere is warm and the service is great. The food in general lacked full taste that I expect from Italian food. Maybe they ran out of seasoning this night. We were served fresh bread and olives in a balsamic and oil dressing that was enjoyed .I was looking forward to our dinner but it was only ok.The salad and mussels were good, but we were disappointed with the gnocchi and the pasta with pesto.The restaurant is in Little Italy that offers many restaurants to choose from. Next time we will try another restaurant in Little Italy

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent, as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I have been going here for years and the food and service are always top rate. On this particular occasion were were celebrating Mother's Day. We started with a plate of antipasto for the table and warm rolls. For a main most of us had the special, a lamb shank, that was falling off the bone melt in your mouth delicious. We ended the evening off with coffee and dessert. No drama, no stress, no worries. If you are looking for an intimate place to experience great Italian food, this is the place to go.

• Visited May 2013