“excellant service and food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
OIttawa
“excellant service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were a group of 18 persons who reserved ahead of time, we had calamari that was the best I have ever tasted, light and airy, anitpasto plates that were very well served with a great variety, salad was very fresh, pasta dish was more than we could ask for, and the main course of veal was delicate and full of flavour. I wish I also had the recipe to the pasta sauce.. The service was great, very accommodating and friendly. Will certainly go again and bring friends and family.

• Visited August 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Food OK, service appalling!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were checking out the menus down Preston on our first visit to Ottawa and decided to go to Da Sergio only because the other restaurant we had in mind had a line up. Big mistake. We were rushed in, seated and were not even offered water or...A MENU!!! One of us has to get up after nearly 10 minutes to GET menus. The "manager" (or whatever his role is) then came over and said "you're gonna have to wait for your food. It's busy, tonight". He came back a few minutes later, took our wine order and then came back with these ridiculously huge wine glasses filled almost to the rim with lousy Sangiovese. A few minutes later, he came back with a note pad and a pencil, stood by the table and loudly said "YES?". We ordered the caprese salad and the ravioli of the day (chicken in a rosé sauce). The food was excellent, the caprese was the best I have ever had in a restaurant and the pasta was obviously home-made, but we will, however, NEVER, EVER, EVER go back there again. The attitude of the waiter or manager, an older guy with a three-piece suit (ridiculously overdressed for a basement restaurant with an incredibly tacky 70's decor), his rude manner, were enough to make us never want to go back again. Too bad, because the food was actually decent. By the end of the meal, we were fuming. They have GOT to do something about that guy. There are bad reviews all over the Net because of him.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ottawa
“Read First and decide”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

When for lunch june 27

First we ordered Antipasto Misto
Fresh italian deli meats, fresh bocconcini chesse and an assortment of our chef’s specialties

We rec'd 4 kind of meat which I though they forgot because they put on bottom of plate and could barely see it because they top with CAN artichoke, CAN eggplant, 8 or 9 olives, 4 slice tomatos, 4 to 6 hot pepper.They put a drizil of oil all over, therefore the meat was wet with all the juice of veg and oil...it was eatable but....the meat should be dry not juicy. MY friend wanted to leave and go eat the main course at restaurant beside, but we decide to stay give them a chance.

I went for the spaguetti vongole (clam, olive oil and garlic), it was excellent, except, the plate was full of baby clam all over and to decorate, they put 3 big clam, the shell all broken. I asked to see the cook and ask why all broken. Claim and mussel if they dont close before cooking, they are dead. If they dont open while cooking, they are dead and if they are cracked, they should be discared because they might contain bacteria.

THe chef told us to pay the bill and get the F. of his restaurant and to never come back. The owner arrive as we leave and are leaving. WE told him of the situation he was explaining that if clam dont open when cookin, they force it open and that how it break???? I could not beleive what he said. The chef (is son) again arrive and tell us again to F.O. and to leave...we did.

Now chose were you want to eat....

Now decide were you want to eat.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Toronto, ON
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is one of my favourite restaurants to visit in Ottawa. I've never had a bad meal, the food is always fresh and the staff are always very helpful! I try to go every time I'm in the city.

It is kind of tucked away in Little Italy but I think it's a hidden gem. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

Also, both time's I've gotten take out they wrapped it up into a foil swan which I thought was cute!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank travelbug0909
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, great service, great location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was at Da Sergio with my wife and some friends. We have been a number of times and it has become our favourite Italian restaurant in Ottawa.

There is a lot of variety on the menu in addition to the daily specials. The house red wine is very nice and reasonably priced. The food is some of the best in Little Italy and it is a great value.

• Visited August 2011