“Lovely Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, ON
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is one of my favourite restaurants to visit in Ottawa. I've never had a bad meal, the food is always fresh and the staff are always very helpful! I try to go every time I'm in the city.

It is kind of tucked away in Little Italy but I think it's a hidden gem. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

Also, both time's I've gotten take out they wrapped it up into a foil swan which I thought was cute!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank travelbug0909

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, great service, great location...”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was at Da Sergio with my wife and some friends. We have been a number of times and it has become our favourite Italian restaurant in Ottawa.

There is a lot of variety on the menu in addition to the daily specials. The house red wine is very nice and reasonably priced. The food is some of the best in Little Italy and it is a great value.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Jean3650
Toronto, Canada
“staggeringly bad value”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We, admittedly, ventured into Ottawa's little Italy without reservations on a Labour day weekend Saturday night. We were turned away ... in the nicest way, from several bustling restaurants ... with likely stellar reputations, because they were full. We eventually walked down into the Da Sergio, and were welcomed into a quiet, neat restaurant. The waitress was efficient and friendly; we discussed red wine and settled on her recommendation --- a 54$ chianti ... we tasted it, declared it acceptable, but a bit tired on the finish ... not bad enough to take her up on her offer to open up something else. We ate up our bread (rather uninspired rolls ... from the local supermarket?) and dried olives. We ordered appetizers - standard bruschetta (over-cheezed, cold tomatoes, nice fresh garlic), and a highly recommended version with the dried bread topped with tomato (cold and looked like they were from Frebruary - you know, styrofoam, no colour) ...eggplant (more as a garnish than a featured item) and bocconcini (cow milk, no flavour) ... Asked for our judgement, we pointed out that it was a shame that the end of the summer, the tomatoes couldn't have been sourced locally, and served at room temperature. The waitress politely took the feedback ... and returned stating this is the way the chef served it!

Things got worse (maybe it was the waitress taking the napkin out of the wine glass and placing it on our laps ... always a warning of a misplaced idea of "classiness") ... my son and I had the hearty sounding salsicce, large shrimp, and a veal scallopini on a tomato pasta. No hint of charcoal seemed to have been used ... and excessive heat had charred the shrimp, and robbed the sausage of all flavour/texture. The scallopini was thin, but hard. My daughter and her friend restrained themselves to pasta pesto ... very plain but still 25$. My wife had the special Frutti di Mare ... hint of crab and mussels in an indifferent, dried out, white wine sauce. When asked how the meal was, i kept it to "ok". The waitress pressed for details ... we reported that it was overcooked and without exceptional flavour. Anyway, a visit from the maitre d' ensued, shows of feigned concern, offers of a digestive ... all offered with barely concealed indignity that we would provide such an indifferent review. They were gracious enough though, to present my daughter with a decent slice of Tiramisu for her birthday ... In short .. the bill was 230$ ... which is to say: we would have not have mentioned any of the deficiencies but the price was insulting.

1 Thank BL_GetAround
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My boss took me there, very nice menu and ambience”
Reviewed March 19, 2008

My boss took me there, very nice menu and ambience

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook