“Words cannot describe how bad this place is”

White Horse Restaurant
Ranked #696 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Words cannot describe how bad this place is”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I tried to eat at the White Horse after deciding that the lineup at the nearby Perkins was too long. BIG MISTAKE!!! Right from the start there was problems. The waitress seated us at a table that was still loaded with dirty dishes even though there were clean empty tables available. After a 10 minute wait at the table we were finally offered some coffee, which was weak and tasted like swill. It took my wife anouther 5 minutes to flag down the waitress for some sweetener that was not on the table. We ordered our meal and after 30 minutes of waiting no meal arrived. I noticed that everyone around us that arrived after us was eating. The waitress finally came by to confirm our order, which she had completely wrong. Shortly after, my wifes pancakes arrived and they were absolutely gross. They were cold and undercooked. When she told the waitress about the pancakes, she had the nerve to say "I will mention it to the cook" and then offered her anouther order. NO THANKS. When her bacon and eggs arrived, and my order did not, I decided enough was enough and left. With all of the great breakfast restaurants in Ottawa, it is hard to imagine anyone eating at this place. I would avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank PMedKing

“Satisfying home-cooked breakfast”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times now - both times for breakfast. Each time, I found the service to be quite good, even though the place was very full. The decor is no great shakes; pretty drab, in fact. I didn't come here to admire the walls, however. I came for breakfast, and we were in a bit of a hurry, an were a little concerned after reading the last review. Our worries were unfounded though, and we got our coffee almost immediately, and our order was taken right away. Breakfast when it came (within 15 minutes) was excellent and satisfying. The server was pleasant and attentive. No complaints.

Ottawa
“Bad Food, Terrible Service Every Time”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place has consistently been atrocious. Having eaten here a few times out of desperation, it generally takes 10 minutes just to have someone take your order. Coffee refills are few and far between and require constant requests. Our simple bacon and eggs meal for 4 took over 30 minutes to serve up. 2 of us got food and had to wait another 5 minutes for the other 2 meals to show up. The place was only half full but the staff seem overwhelmed, unprepared, disorganized and forgetful.

Overall the food is very low rate. It's not prepared with attention to detail and ingredients are budget. as an example, a western omellete has only onions and a very small amount of ham. The eggs were cooked until a they had a crispy brown crust. Not a fluffy, soft and moist like a well prepared omellete should be. Coffee was watery and flavourless.

The inside is run down with tiny uncomfortable seating and cheap, worn table ware. If the food was good it would be a quaint neighbourhood greasy spoon with old fashioned small town charm. With the food and service as it is, it's just dingy and run down.

• Visited April 2012