“We Really Enjoyed It.”

Ranked #499 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were treated to dinner at the "House" by family during a recent visit to Ottawa and we loved it. No, it isn't fancy and no you won't feel as though you have been overcharged. What you will experience is great homemade style food and friendly service.

A variety of dishes were ordered the evening we were there and without exception, everyone loved their meals. The restaurant is conducive to good conversation and we never felt rushed. We learn that when you want your bill there you ask for it. All the meal portions are very generous.

I would offer only one suggestion. If you order a salad, ask for the dressing on the side. Ours had an overly generous portion of salad dressing for our particular taste. This isn't your average run of the mill chain "factory food" restaurant where teenagers are the cooks heating up frozen and pre-made dishes. If you are looking for good Italian food in Ottawa's west end, you have to try the "House".

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I go here every time I am in the area. I've never had anything that didn't taste great and the staff is amazing. They have a good menu and do it all well, but as the name suggests, the lasagna is to die for and I love their pizza as well.

1  Thank ticasueW
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just go for their Lasagnas. Pick any. All are excellent. I wouldn't recommend their chicken parmigian or pizzas (tad bit soggy after some time). These guys stand by their name.

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed September 6, 2012

If your looking for an authentic Italian Lasagna, you've come to the right place!! Delicious every time!! It takes like homemade! Price is very reasonable. Try it, you won't be disappointed!! Enjoy!

3  Thank Mikmar_12
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I went in for the first time. I had the lasagna Napolitana and he had pizza. He is from Montreal and said it was by far the best pizza he's ever had and my lasagna was so tasty. The prices are very fair and the family oriented atmosphere made us feel so welcomed! Can't wait to go back and try the pizza next time!

3  Thank Andrea C