“Nice ambience, great food”
Review of Fairouz

Fairouz
Reserve a Table
Wed, 7/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #23 of 3,256 Restaurants in Ottawa
Description: Fairouz is a Middle East inspired upscale casual restaurant that showcases the ingredients, flavours, and recipes of authentic Middle Eastern cuisine in a service-focused environment with modern touches. The pita bread is also made fresh to order. We pride ourself on our relationship with local farms and purveyors.
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I made a reservation to eat here to celebrate our anniversary. Everything we tried was delicious and unique. The servers were helpful and our water glasses were amply refilled with what seemed to be exceptionally good sparkling water. While the dips, main course and side were all very good, as a nice bonus I was pleased and surprised to receive freshly baked pitas made in house. I was glad that our friends had recommended that we try this restaurant, and I would say the same!

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Overall everything tasted delicious, service was friendly and prompt. Had the Taouk Spiced Hen, Lamb Köfte, Muhamarra Dip, Savory Katayef, Kushbashi Kebab. Sundays were all sharing plates. Everything is pretty small, so we had all of these plates and we were satisfied. We really enjoyed all the dishes, everything has tonnes of flavour.

1  Thank ylc25
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Very nice flavours, good wine and drink selection, service was excellent, we never felt rushed. I'd go there again for sure.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

Food was very good as was the presentation. Menu was original. Everything we took was very good to excellent. The only drawback was the size of the portions. For the price, they were on the small side.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank klodio
Reviewed February 16, 2019

I took some friends for supper to Fairouz. Having not been there before, I didn't know what to expect, other than the reviews were strong. It was fantastic! The ambience of the dinning room was lovely; elegant, but relaxed. The service was excellent, with the staff really paying attention to and accommodating an allergy and food intolerance. The staff were attentive, but not fussy. The star, though, was the food. The flavours were amazing. We shared the roast sumac chicken and it was absolutely delicious, as was the halloumi, Muhamarra dip of cashew nut and pommegrante, the warm olives, pita and the labneh dip. I had one of the best cocktails I have every had. It was a special with rum, rose water (I think), and date juice. It was absolutely fantastic. If I lived in Ottawa, I am confident I would be a regular visitor. I also thought the value was excellent, particularly when compared with other, much more dinning average establishments in Ottawa. All in all, it was a wonderful evening.

Date of visit: February 2019