“Out of this world”

Cumberland Pizza
Ranked #23 of 2,786 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned and operated since 1973 .
Rochester, New York
“Out of this world”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Been coming to Ottawa for many years and found this place by accident. I thought The Colonnade was the best, was I wrong. I have a new love.

Visited September 2012
54 Thank RochesterTom00

• Polish first
new york
“Great Pizza and Nice Place”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

lost my way from New York City and end up in the best place in downtown,Ottawa. Walking distance to anywhere in downtown just remind me during my holiday in NYC. I have been in many pizza restaurants in New York, finally, find another great one just in downtown Ottawa. I consider it one of memorable pizza restaurant, not only the ambiance but excellent food and services.
all fresh no preservative.
Home Made.
I strongly recommended to everyone.

• Visited July 2013
52 Thank tolarekaili
New Jersey
“A different perspective”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I see that most of the reviews here have been written by people from Ottawa or perhaps elsewhere in Canada. I am from a New Jersey suburb of NYC but at the moment i live in Ottawa, so for the benefit of visitors from out of town and specifically the NYC metro area, here are my observations on Cumberland Pizza. The owners seem like very nice , friendly people and clearly they work hard to offer a lot of good food. They do not make bad pizza, but what Ottawa locals think of as great pizza and what I think of as great pizza are two different things. The pizza here is not what someone from New York or other US cities would look forward to eating. The crust is obviously appealing to many reviewers, but it does nothing for me. The toppings are average. I'm glad many people find this pizza to be good, but for anyone expecting New York style pizza, you will be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank NJ_Thomas
Shanghai Region, China
“Best pizza in Ottawa”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Shamefully, we've lived a couple of streets away from this place and had never tried it until I spotted it in the Top 10 of Ottawa restaurants. It can't be compared to the others in the list - apples and oranges - but I can't imagine a better place of it's kind in the city. As others have commented, it's the crust and the fresh ingredients. We've been sticking with the pepperoni and you can get some crazy deals on those. But the Cumberland Special is awesome too. A Greek salad was good if, as is common in North America, a little heavy on the lettuce when I'd like prefer cucumber. It's a simple pizzeria - plastic furniture, self-serve drinks from a fridge - so don't expect fine dining. Just fine food.

• Visited July 2013
55 Thank ToesGo
Stanhope, Canada
“Best crust I've ever had”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Given the other reviews for Cumberland Pizza, I had high expectations. The service (by phone and delivery) was great -- very friendly and obviously thankful for my business. Less than 30 minutes for delivery across town, and very reasonable prices. The crust was by far the best I've ever had. The toppings were good, but nothing really special. I like some "zing" when it comes to pizza and the sauce was bland. Overall: delicious, greasy, cheesy, doughy. Great for a treat, but definitely not the top choice for the health nuts out there.

• Visited June 2013