“Great community vibe”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The Oat has always been a Glebe standby. On my most recent trip, for breakfast, they had a new croissant sandwich that was just delicious and affordable too. My only complaint is that they do not have a lot of seating. Which is too bad, because folks know this is the place to go!

There are newer reviews for The Wild Oat

Reviewed July 20, 2014

When I lived in Ottawa, this was a regular stop for fresh-baked bread. I also made periodic visits for lunch or for a snack or for some cookies or treats. Enjoyed it more than ever the last time we visited, and very affordable compared to the surrounding restaurants and even fast food.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very fast service but didn't enjoy my muffin. Found it bland and dry - exactly what the stereotype says about "healthy" muffins. Will probably try again, as this was my first visit. Perhaps the muffins aren't the things to have...

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Good quality ingredients and a friendly atmosphere make this a great place to walk or bike to, and we do so many times when we're back in Ottawa during the summer. Breakfast options include crepes with several types of filling, and a wide range of muffins, croissants (goat cheese and rosemary is our fave). Today I tried the veggie crepe, which was stuffed with beetroot, goat cheese and spinach. Really good.There is a small buffet of hot dishes. A couple of days ago, I tried the roasted veg polenta and ginger glazed carrots. All tasty. There's always a range of juices and I tried a pretty intimidating blend of apple, cucumber, chlorella and kale. The benefits probably outweigh the taste! Of course, you pay a little more for the quality but it's worth it.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went with my family for a breakfast, we were in the mood for some oatmeal or porridge. Stopped in to check if they had some oatmeal for breakfast (The Wild Oat) the person who seemed to be making the food said it was not specifically on the menu but the could make some oatmeal as they did have oats.
So we parked and walked in to be told at the desk that breakfast was over and they don't have and cant serve any thing with oats ! Funny name for a place that doesn not serve oatmeal or porridge for breakfast.

2  Thank serum121