“Yippie Food”

The Wild Oat
Ranked #149 of 2,736 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Gatineau, Canada
“Yippie Food”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I always find something interesting too eat at WO. I always feel good because I know I will get top nutritious food. The venue ordering process is dated but it reminds me of the cafés of the '70.

Visited June 2012

Ottawa
“Veggie Fare for Hipsters”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Wild oat have an excellent offering of brunch and lunch veggie foods. All is delicious, fresh and unique. Bread is from the attached bakery, so it is always fresh and tasty. This is a unique place in Ottawa.

Visited May 2012
Ottawa
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We usually pick this restaurant on Sunday morning for breakfast. It has on one side the bake shop and the other the cafe.
I had the omelette with cheese that had mushrooms spinach zucchini and a double americo coffee. My wife had the simple crepe with maple syrup and the same coffee, both came with whole grain toast.
It was all very tasty . We like the cafe because you pick a spot to sit then go to the counter to order and pay and they take your name and call you when it's ready and after you finished you bring your dishes the bin. Not everyone would like this but we like it.

• Visited April 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Tasty Sandwiches”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I've been buying bread at the Wild Oat for over a year now, but as a non-vegetarian, I'm not normally a fan of sandwiches without meat, so I only tried the Wild Oat's sandwiches this week. I found that the Wild Oat does it right. They put together some very tasty and filling sandwiches. The scones are delicious and are a great way to finish off a lunch.

Tip: The cafe is self-service, but the meals are made quickly. Good choice for a quick lunch.

• Visited November 2011
Ontario
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stopped here for breakfast on our way to Winterlude and was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited February 2011