“Sublime.”

Allium
Ranked #28 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ontario
“Sublime.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came here a couple of years ago for a birthday celebration and that night I had the best meal I've ever had in Ottawa.

We started with a raw minced scallop on some sort of cracker. The sweetness of the scallop was paired nicely with a fresh citrus flavour.

We then had a filet mignon and I remember that being delicious. It was served, of course, with onions on the side I believe.

We ended the meal with a smashed chocolate cake, which was just the right decadent sweetness to end a delicious meal.

I need to make an excuse to get here for another great meal, and soon!

• Visited March 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent tapas night on mondays!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

They have an amazing tapas night on mondays. Every tapa is to die for, the prices are reasonable and the service is great!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sophies_world29
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It took me a while to get there - in spite of all the rave reviews from friends and colleagues - but when I finally did, for lunch, I was very pleased. The food was terrific - well presented and delicious. I had the Allium version of a club sandwich - creative and wonderful. My friend had the shrimp which was equally well received. One downside - for whatever reason, there isn't a Chardonnay available by the glass, or at least it wasn't available the day we lunched. The waiter recommended what he described as similar but it wasn't. Other than than, we loved our meals and the atmosphere was bright, airy with lots of buzz. I am told they serve a tapas menu on Monday evenings. That will definitely be my next stop!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank joanwOttawa_Ontario
Ottawa, Canada
“Food and cooking are matters of the heart”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited the restaurant recently with a couple we had not seen for some time. Kudos to the chef as I am surmising that the food you prepare is excellent. Unfortunately by the time I received my meal, my mind was telling me that it was delicious but my heart felt it mattered little. Chef you should know that while you are preparing exquisite food your staff on the floor appear to be operating a fine surgical unit rather than a restaurant. Upon arrival I discovered that the back of my chair were metallic and very cold for a wintry evening. I made my way to the coat closet to retrieve my sweater and was monitored by one of the staff with the subtlety of an alligator and a look of "thievery is everywhere you know ". We had not met our friends for some time and there was occasion for celebration and so of course we chatted playfully. Our server within a short period of time managed to rub us all in the wrong manner, by constantly interrupting and attempting to use firm and misplaced means to have us all fall in line with her agenda. I can only say one of two things in regard to this young lady. First,I only hope she is a student working part time, studying to become a litigation lawyer. But rather, I actually suspect that we were assigned someone naive and insecure trying to employ strategies taught her to "manage" tables. We first experienced on numerous occasions the dreadful delivery of a variety of strategies to move us along in time, presumably to respect the time lines of the next reservation. Next we experienced a barrage of over the top verbal and nonverbal cues of assertion to manage "these persons taking up time with their choices ". This unfortunate young lady appears unaware that people attend restaurants for a social, warm experience into which the food is weaved. She also appears unable to appreciate that most people are able to respect the reservations of others without having to be "managed". I would recommend that the owner and our server visit the Cafe Postino in Almonte. You leave not quite knowing which has left you feeling more warm inside and content, the greetings or extraordinary food.One would gladly vacate his table on time without being managed to give the next guy a chance at the experience, just sensing that the owners understand that food and cooking are matters of the heart and command respect in the subtlest of ways.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank MBFMTL
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, relaxing environment”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We got together with friends for a leisurely dinner. The setting was pleasant and the service was good. There was a good variety of choices on the menu (the food was quite good) and the wine list was pretty good. All in all, a very enjoyable evening.

Plenty of street parking.

• Visited March 2012