“Try the 'B16' Vermicelli Combo Dish”
Review of Pho May

Pho May
Ranked #1,547 of 2,765 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Try the 'B16' Vermicelli Combo Dish”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A great variety of delicious Vietnamese dishes at Pho May.
My personal favourite is number 'B16' which is the warm vermicelli noodles combo, with various meats, lettuce, fries spring rolls, etc., and then drizzled with a flavourful sauce that accompanies it. It is simply yummmmy!!
The Rice Wraps with the shrimp & pork combo are fabulous, and they are extra large in size.
Prices are VERY REASONABLE.
Atmosphere is upbeat for a Vietnamese Restaurant, and very clean.
I'd recommend it for friends and family.
God Bless.

• Visited June 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“It's ok for the East-End”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'd give Pho May a pass if you're able to go either downtown to Bank or Elgin, or better yet to Chinatown on Somerset West. But if you're in the east end and looking for convenience, it's fine soup. Pretty good takeout, I've always been satisfied.

• Visited January 2014
Pakenham, Canada
“Great food, unbeatable prices”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'd been hearing about this place for a while from a friend, but since I'm rarely in the east end I hadn't had a chance to check it out until recently. While out shopping with a friend, we stopped by for a bite and were both impressed. Normally, we're in the Somerset area for pho, but this was a great find outside downtown.

We started with some rice roll-ups which were excellent, followed by a bowl of 'bun' (vermicelli with vegetables and meat) and rare-beef pho. Both were outstanding, and a medium portion will be plenty for any appetite short of a teenager who just played an active sport for a couple of hours. The food was hot and delicious, the service was very quick, and the prices are outstanding as I got a far superior meal for only about a dollar more than I'd pay for some fast-food meal combo garbage.

A repeat visit will happen soon, especially if I've more shopping to do at St Laurent and want to get out of the mall for some food and some quiet.

• Visited December 2012