“A hidden gem in downtown Ottawa (with a private room for dining)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tosca Ristorante

Tosca Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: Gloucester
Ottawa
“A hidden gem in downtown Ottawa (with a private room for dining)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Earlier this week I was looking for a restaurant in downtown Ottawa that had a private room that we could hold a Board of Directors working dinner. Of course, I went to Trip Advisor and looked around. What I found was a hidden gem of a restaurant that I have already recommended to multiple friends.

I phoned the restaurant on Sunday and the phone was answered, it turns out, by a manager who had the restaurant phone call forwarded to his cell. After explaining that I was looking for someplace for our Board to have a working meeting and be able to spread documents around in private, he said they had a nice room they could reserve for us.

When the Board arrived we were situated in the room and the excellent food and service commenced. The servers (they assigned two servers even though there were only four of us) were professional, discrete and respectful of their timing. Service started with a lovely bruschetta that arrived without our having even opened the menu - nice touch!

The food was excellent and all four of us loved the various plates we ordered. My only complaint was that the serving of chicken parmigiana they gave me was way too big (but my wife loved the surprise when I brought it home later that night).

All in all an outstanding meal and I will certainly be going back, this time with my wife!

1 Thank Canuck648

Ottawa, Canada
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recommend Tosca to everyone and take all my visitors here!
We always get excellent service and food.
I love the seafood linguine.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank KSofftoeurope
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tosca at findley creak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We are a big fun of the downtown Tosca, but we wanted yo give the FC tosca a try, and as the one in downtown they did not disappointed us, we went on Saturday 9th was pretty busy, the decor was very impresive , our server was very proffesional, and the food was outstanding, we had zucchini and calamari fried, a bit dark but tasty , we had pescatore rose, veal marsala, and lasagna, very fresh, veggies and potatoes were very well prepared , wine and beer as well as downtown was very good.
over all a great experience and a nice place to check it out highly recommended.

Ron

Waterloo, Canada
“A Very Good Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Recently, dined at Tosca with two colleagues. Service was attentive and polite. Dinners were to everyone's liking. The menu is plentiful and includes what you would expect in an Italian restuaurant. The ambience of the restaurant was good; felt like a friendly neighbourhood restaurant. Would return.

1 Thank mschmitt255
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Warm attentive service with a Capital "A"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of having lunch today at Toscas in Ottawa. I'd not been there before but would surely go back. These folks really know how to make you feel welcome & their customer attention is superior. We asked for a second spoon after we dropped one & 4 of the wait staff all appeared with spoons in no time. Food was very nice & they had the BEST Pepper Mill I've ever seen. What a jewel -I'll be going back.

• Visited February 2013