“The tattoo'd "manager" was the most unprofessional person I've ever delt with”
Review of The Honest Lawyer - CLOSED

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are from niagara visiting Ottawa and thought the honest lawyer looked nice. We came in and it was pretty busy so we grabbed a table without seats (the best we could). About an hour later, the manager (bald, in all grey outfit with suspenders, tattoo'd everywhere) told us to "get the f out" of the table because he needed it to sell beer. How disgustingly rude. We then stood for the rest of the time until we finished our drinks while we heard him tell the waitresses who to sleep with. So unprofessional and will never come back

3  Thank megan a

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food stinks. The staff is always rude and often belligerent. There's an effeminate doorman who pats down all the females as they enter, supposedly to ensure they are not bringing their own booze. The venue really has nothing to offer beyond a few arcade games an its drunken clientele. All in all, the place is pathetic. There are a hundred better places in Ottawa's Bytown; even If this were the only place in town you'd be better off organizing a party at home.

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good service, thanks to Joan the bartender who has great customer service skills and good suggestions, good location at the Byward Market

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been to this place numerous time and can say that I will never go back. The service was awful. The waiter was new and had no support. Two other staff were there and they decided to play pool rather then help him. It took 20 minutes to get a beer because the bartender/manager was always busy. The waiter forgot to take our food order and then got half of them wrong. Overall, it was my worst restaurant experience in 10 years and with the new sports bar opening just down the road, it will only be a matter of time before this place goes out of business!!

1  Thank Tunab5
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're looking for something different to do in the byward market, I highly suggest visiting the Honest Lawyer. Service was great, bartenders recommended a few cocktails that I loved (and I'm fairly difficult when it comes to drinks)! My buddies ordered 'Beerzookas', and the beer was priced really well compared to other bars in the market. We played some basketball and air hockey, and played our own music on the jukebox. Will be bringing my co-workers back with me next week!