“Very poor couples massage.”
Review of Holtz Spa

Holtz Spa
Ranked #2 of 47 Spas & Wellness in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: Holtz Spa is Ottawa's largest full service day spa and offers a welcomed respite from Ottawa's busy downtown. Just steps away from Parliament Hill and all the major attractions, you will find an oasis of calm, where highly trained professionals offer a wide range of holistic treatments to balance, relax and rejuvenate. Massage Therapy and Bodywork, Advanced Skincare, Esthetics, a full service Hair Salon and on-site gourmet food services, create the perfect spa getaway destination for just one service or an entire day. Ask about our Couples Hotel & Spa Packages when planning your next visit to Ottawa.
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The massage room was cold and the massage itself was mediocre. Was told we could shower post massage but were rushed out of the room for the next patrons. Perhaps the worst part was the cost - have had much superior services for literally half the cost. We were very disappointed as we were looking forward to the visit.

2  Thank Teambrick
Christine O, Manager at Holtz Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review as we do appreciate any comments that would assist us in improving our guest experience. We have taken your comments very seriously and spoken to the staff member involved. It is our mission to deliver excellent customer service and professional treatments to all our guests. We sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your experience further.

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We did a couples massage on a Monday. Very basic and rushed out of room after. Thought 250 would go a bit further than 50 min massage. Consider parking and downtown traffic before booking. Look elsewhere.

4  Thank Nick D
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This spa is situated between the Westin Ottawa and Chateau Laurier and serves both hotels.

At first glance, the prices seemed high but after I did some online research it was actually comparable to other spas in the city and since it was walking distance from my hotel - I saved time and cab money.

I had the pedicure with a paraffin treatment and it was excellent - I felt very well taken care of and was very impressed with the service - would definitely go back the next time I'm in. Ottawa.

Christine O, Manager at Holtz Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Holtz Spa and appreciate your positive comments. The Holtz guest services staff and service providers strive to deliver a relaxing and professional experience to our guests and are always appreciative of feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we hope to see you on your next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have visited Holtz Spa for numerous services and have been very pleased. I recently started getting my hair done there as well. I was lucky enough to meet Lindsay and I have to say, my hair never looked better. I finally love how my hair looks. Lindsay is professional, personable and she is truly an artist with colour, cut & style. She gives me exactly what I ask for and exceeds expectation. My hair is a beautiful ombre and the cut flatters my wavy hair. I highly recommend Lindsay.

1  Thank Topo333
Christine O, Manager at Holtz Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your services at Holtz Spa. Your hair stylist Lindsay was very flattered by your kind words. The staff and service providers always appreciate guest feedback as we strive to provide excellent customer service and a high standard of professional services. It is always a wonderful feeling to know that you have made someone's day! Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you care about your skin, stay as far away from this place as possible
They sell and portray themselves as professionals experienced in skin care etc but they do not know the basics, or care what they are really doing to you skin.

3  Thank Beth L
Christine O, General Manager at Holtz Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your review as we do appreciate customer feedback in order to improve the overall guest experience. We are disappointed to hear that your visit with us was less than satisfactory and have attempted to contact you in order to discuss the details of your facial treatment. We do pride ourselves on our experienced skin care therapists whom are very well trained and are expected to provide serious skin care consultations and recommendations to all guests. We are very concerned about your observations and hope that you will discuss this further with our Spa Manager.

Sincerely