“Group Dining”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I booked our 18 person group into the Metropolitan for dinner. Sofia was great to work with, the menu she pulled together accommodated all our needs. They have a nice wine list - lots of variety at different price points.

The food was well presented and the atmosphere perfect for this group. We had a stand-up cocktail time followed by a pre-set menu with a variety of choices. The service was attentive and very pleasant.

This is a good choice. They have a very nice patio and now boast an outdoor "lounge" which was perfect for us to adjourn to post dinner for a digestif while enjoying the warm summer night.

The location - near Parliament Hill, Hotel Chateau Laurier, Byward Market and Westin Hotel makes it a good choice for business travelers. No taxi required!

There are newer reviews for Metropolitan Brasserie

Reviewed July 10, 2013

They have happy hour that features oysters on the half shell for $1 each and fresh mussels in several choices of sauces that are very refreshing. Outdoor patio is a good downtown location to relax and people watch

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a self professed food snob and proud of it. Now, don't get me wrong, I eat stuff like KD (Kraft mac and cheese dinner) but that is my choice. When I got to a restaurant, I want my expectations to, at the very least, be met and hopefully exceeded. I get frustrated when I order a meal and realize that I could have cooked it better at home, myself.

I have been to the Metropolitan Brasserie on a number of occasions and my expectations are always exceeded. From the hors-d'ouerves to appetizers and main dishes, I am blown away every time.

Yesterday I had mussels steamed in cream sauce with leeks and Chorizo sausage with a side of fries. I sopped up the remaining sauce with the bread, because there's no way I'm letting one drop of it get discarded. One of my friends had Calamari with green salad and feta cheese. Delicious!

A few weeks ago I attended a corporate function at the MB. Cocktails, finger foods and networking. The mini Beef Wellington were fantastic and the Lamb Balls (not what you're thinking) were great. This is a great restaurant in a world with too many mediocre eateries.

I'll still make, what I consider to be great meals at home and I'll still eat junk when it suits me, but when I go to the Metropolitan Brasserie, I get nothing but the best.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food was pretty good and we sat outside which was cold and bits of tree fell in our food but it was still enjoyable. Service was a little slow because they were busy.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

great location for Happy Hour on a nice terrace in the centre of the action. Fresh oysters and shrimp a dollar per! Good beer on tap. A good find.