“New, spacious, and clean Hilton Garden Inn w/ adjustable foam mattress.”

Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this Hilton Garden Inn that was built slightly less than 2 yrs ago. The Hotel is literally next to the airport...so close that you can see planes take off and land! Despite the proximity to the airport, my room was quiet! :)

Service from the check-in agent was friendly and speedy. My request for a room with a high-level, away from the elevator was honored. Based upon Hilton's website, a 2Q room also includes a sofa bed. Unfortunately, my room only had a lounge chair. ...if you want a sofabed, apparently it needs to be requested in your Hilton Honors profile...

The room itself was clean, over sized, and brand new. The mattress was an adjustable foam mattress. Depending on the way you sleep, you can adjust the firmness of the mattress. Foam mattresses are not suitable for warm individuals as foam isn't breathable like a spring mattress, I wasn't able to fully enjoy the mattress as I am a warm sleeper. Foam mattresses feature motion separation; thus each mattress can sleep two comfortably.

The Herman Miller chair at the desk was also comfortable. I was impressed that Hilton was willing to shell out the ~$750 for the desk chair!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sofaonasock1
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport

Reviewed May 26, 2010

A remarkably clean hotel, prompt (and free) airport shuttle, friendly staff at all levels. When the housekeeping staff stop to say good morning or good afternoon, you know this hotel is well-schooled in customer service. Food was excellent. Very quiet rooms. The entire experience was a delight.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We booked this hotel for a weekend getaway and it was amazing. The hotel is gorgeous inside and out and the customer service was phenomenal. As for the room, we could not believe how big and well decorated it was. The bathroom and bedroom area were almost unnecessarily large.

There is no question at all where we will be staying any time we need a hotel in Ottawa!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Comfortable, clean, friendly service and convenient instant check out. Great sleep, quiet. Favorite hotel so far in Ottawa.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Stayed here on Friday 26th March, checked in at 1am, on a layover, the bed and pillows were the best I have ever slept in...Im looking to buy the pillows online now! We wish we could have stayed longer..just to sleep more, Bravo!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We booked the HGI for pre-trip stayover. It was very spacious, clean with well appointed rooms. There were cookies for the kids and toiletting kits available at the lobby. The kids liked the business centre to check Facebook. We parked our cars for the week, got the shuttle to the airport and back again. The drivers were personable. The kids even got cookies for the long ride home. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn when I traveled to Ottawa on business. I decided to stay near the hotel since I had an early morning flight and was very glad I did.

The rooms were really nice and the beds were super comfy. The bathroom had really great Neutrogena products and the hotel itself was very new and updated. They had a small gym but the machines were all new as well. I also loved that they had high-speed internet at the business center at no cost. My co-worker and I ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and the food was surprisingly good.

The hotel staff was really friendly and accommodating. When my co-worker and I needed to return our rental car back to the airport when we arrived, they arranged for the hotel airport shuttle to lead us to the airport and then wait for us to bring us back to the hotel after we returned it. The front desk staff was very friendly - my only complaint is that they charged our dinner at the hotel on my bill as well as my co-worker's bill. We didn't realize it until we got back home since my co-worker's bill came out as zero when she checked out. They changed it without a problem.

Overall, this is a good hotel if you are looking for somewhere nice, clean and close to the airport. We didn't get a chance to see the sites in Ottawa but after a long week of business, it was nice to stay somewhere quiet and clean.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business