“Popular Spot On Elgin Street - Service Not so great!”
Review of Lieutenant's Pump

Lieutenant's Pump
Ranked #197 of 2,962 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lieutenant's Pump is located in a semi basement, consisting of 5 rooms, with 4 bars. There are lots of private spaces. It is a great spot for parties providing private or semi private areas from 12 to 130 for morning, lunch or evening events. The menus can be viewed on our web site (Vegetarian and Gluten Free menus available). Brunch Saturday & Sunday Roast Beef Dinners - Sunday We have 10 flatscreen tvs throughout the bars for all your sporting needs. Over 30 taps of beer. We run a shuttle bus to all Senator home games, $10 per person and can be purchased at the bar or online at our website. Best Fish & Chips in Ottawa.
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Dropped by the Lieutenants Pump with several co-workers to have dinner one evening while visiting Ottawa. The "Pump" was busy;the patio was full and the bar area was as well. We did not have a reservation, however we received a table immediately.

Our experience was not the greatest from that point on. Our server was prompt to take our drink order, but appeared to become distracted from that point on. Service slowed to a crawl. Our meal order arrived 50 min or so after it was taken. Unfortunately, several items were not as ordered. Our server's attitude, as she articulated "oh well, you have what you have, Enjoy."

I had the steak sandwich. It was served luke-warm on a hamburger bun. My co-workers had the prime rib, hamburger and ribs. The ribs were apparently very good, the others were lack-luster and not hot.

Most of my reviews on TripAdvisor rarely rate Poor or below.
My experience at this restaurant was not great. I would rank it somewhere between Poor and Average (closer to poor).

As I said earlier, this place appeared to be very popular and busy. Perhaps my group caught our server at a poor time. Hopefully her troubles have passed and she is doing better.

If you are visiting Ottawa and on Elgin Street there are plenty of establishments to choose from. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We like this place, my family and I ! During the week, the lunch special is unbeatable. Delicious sandwiches with soup, and a Tooth and Nail beer : my favorite meal. And on wednesday's night, the chicken wings with a Beyond the Pale beer : heaven ! Of course, the brunch is very popular, the place is always full of happy people enjoying their plate with, of course, a beer ! We to there with my grand-daughter who likes the ambiance and the decor very much. We do too.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

This is by far one of my favourite spots in Ottawa. Lieutenant's Pump has a relaxed atmosphere that is perfect for meeting up with friends for drinks, but also has amazing pub food. The brunch is also delicious and the service is always excellent.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Wandered around Elgin and settled on this place for brunch as they have a very nice patio and it was pretty busy, which I decided meant it was good. They had a weekly special as well as the main menu. The staff were friendly, and the price was pretty good for what you got. I had the Grana Padano Scrambled and it was really good.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Great place for a standard brunch . Nothing innovative or trendy just good food with large portions and fair prices . After a wait for a table we were led to a great one right on Elgin . We were surprised how quickly our orders arrived . The home fries are excellent . Not at all greasy . My croissant BLT was good although the croissant was bun like . You even get a small chocolate square with your meal .