“Pub food surprisingly good”
Review of Lieutenant's Pump

Lieutenant's Pump
Ranked #197 of 2,962 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lieutenant's Pump is located in a semi basement, consisting of 5 rooms, with 4 bars. There are lots of private spaces. It is a great spot for parties providing private or semi private areas from 12 to 130 for morning, lunch or evening events. The menus can be viewed on our web site (Vegetarian and Gluten Free menus available). Brunch Saturday & Sunday Roast Beef Dinners - Sunday We have 10 flatscreen tvs throughout the bars for all your sporting needs. Over 30 taps of beer. We run a shuttle bus to all Senator home games, $10 per person and can be purchased at the bar or online at our website. Best Fish & Chips in Ottawa.
Reviewed July 22, 2017

I am not a big fan of pub food especially in pseudo-English settings. With a friend/colleague I was induced to eat here and pleasantly surprised by the choice and quality, and quantity was OK too. With a beer this made for a nice evening meal.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

The patio is an excellent spot to grab a big breakfast. Portions were big and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I had the Sunday special steak and it was very average.

I asked for mustard and got a very sweet mustard - not the bitter English mustard one eats with steak.

It took a long time to get attention when my drink ran out and then the 2 beers that I asked for were finished so I just had a glass of water, that was then served very abruptly!

I would not care to eat there again.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Had two large family meals here during our recent visit to Ottawa. Busy pub with a lively atmosphere. Enormous range of beers. I had Salmon on the first visit which was lovely and fish and chips on the second which was delicious. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

When I think of the Pump, I think of drinking not really eating there. I was very surprised to find out they serve up an AMAZING brunch. We had the Haloumi eggs Benedict with Avocado and it was delicious. They do poach their eggs to a medium, so if you like it runny make sure to specify! We also split their charcuterie, which could do with a better balance of cheese and meat but their lamb salami they had, won us over and it was awesome. Although the place was packed the waitress was on her game, attentive, and came by to check on everything a few times.

I highly recommend this spot for brunch, we sat on the patio which has lots of umbrellas making it a perfect spot.