“Good sauce and crust”

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Good sauce and crust

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 29, 2007

New Georgie's 1800 BankI recently ordered a pizza from Georgie's new location at 1800 Bank Street. I got a fancy flyer in the mail and decided to check out their website. They talked about being in business for 23 years and about how the pizza industry was being well here is the direct quote form their website.

Georgie's pizza is a 23 year old business. When we started pizza take out was a novelty in Canada and a very promising business. Through the years hundreds of small pizzeria and pizza chains have flourished.

The competition has affected pizza quality and authenticity, and the business has become a mass production process. At Georgie's pizza we did exactly the opposite.
We kept a high standard of pizza production.
We were able to do so thanks to our refined customers who appreciate good food and the personal touch we add to every order. That is the secret for staying so long in the same business.
This pizza was nothing more than what they were talking about. I ordered a medium pepeeroini olive extra cheeze which cost me $20. It was totally unedible like most of the pizza in Ottawa. Who ever decided that peperoni was the size of a slice of salami should be shot. The crust was heavy and thin with no taste at all. I attribute the bad pizza in Ottawa to all these guys entering the business as an easy way to make cash. Poor quality ingredients and bad reciepes. Their sauce was horrible. Pizza sauce is based on the tomato not whatever these guys make it from. If you want a good pizza try The Prescott true Italian quality not Mid East or Louis on McArthur or even one of the big chains which have real peperoni like Pizza Hut or dare I say Pizza Pizza all these places serve much better quality than your run of the mill cheap pizzeria in Ottawa. I even had to wait 50 minutes to get my pie dilivered.