“Small restaurant -- Big Welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 222 Lyon Tapas Bar

222 Lyon Tapas Bar
Ranked #218 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Small restaurant -- Big Welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We called relatively last minute to make a reservation, and when we got there, we certainly saw it was necessary. It is a small restaurant but very warm in its feeling and the staff were a big part of the warmth. We have seldom felt so welcomed. We got great advice about how much to order, and once the server understood our likes, she was really able to give great recommendations. We were quite impressed with the quality of the dishes and enjoyed them all, as well as the selections from the wine list. To me, tapas are Spanish dimsum. And like dimsum, the dishes are relatively simple but very tasty. I've been to several tapas places in Toronto and none were better. Next visit to Ottawa we would certainly go back. The food was very good, the staff was excellent, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and we thought the restaurant offered good value for money.

• Visited January 2014

Kamloops
“Delicious from Start to Finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was with a group out late for an evening meal. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed sharing plates all around our table. Very much enjoyed the flavours and the wonderful Spanish wines. It's a very cozy place (as in converted house). Our only difficulty was in finding taxis afterwards to take us back to our accommodations.

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Tried it...Won't head back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Moderately disappointed. Price was high considering the portion size. I really found the food to be tasteless. I don't need a lot of salt in my food, but I couldn't tell what spices were used...Very plain indeed. From a service perspective, it was "ok" ... For the money...I would skip it and head to 4th Avenue Wine bar in the Glebe.

• Visited August 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

It seems a bit like walking into someone's house as it is quite small but the welcome was very friendly and the food and wine are excellent. As we had not been there before the server took care to explain the portion sizes and give a good recommendation on how to mix and match the dishes. The scallops were perfect, the spicy mussels delicious, the Tarragon pork was great as were the meat balls. Good value and we would definitely eat there again.

Visited August 2013
Limoges, Ontario, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My sister and I went to have lunch and ordered cold avocado soup, some tapas and a couple of beers. Service was average, all the food was unfortunately fade (missing salt and pepper in the food and on the table) and ordinary. The place is nice and very cozy but a little cold due to air conditioning shooting directly on the guests. We ended up paying approximately 30$ each for lunch, which I find expensive for what we got. My sister and I decided that this was our last time at Lyon Tapas Bar.

• Visited July 2013