“Trip to Ottawa”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent little restaurant serving Spanish style tapas and good beer. Service extremely good and efficient. Food was excellent and plentiful. Recommend this for sure.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been to this Tapas bar many times as we used to live in the area. They always have a unique selection of items to choose from. The portions are not huge which is great. No waste. Very quality ingredients. Always a great treat and very much a hidden treasure!

4  Thank Lovetravelalot999
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my fourth and last meal at that restaurant. On this occasion, the older waitress was inflexible, rude and condescending (a behaviour which I noticed on previous occasions). While the first two plates we ordered arrive promptly, the second two took 45 minutes to arrive. I think this was directly related to the fact that I complained about the table where I was sitting...the draft from the front door, with -15 deg winds blowing on me, made it very uncomfortable to enjoy the meal. When I asked whether it was possible to move, it was as if I had asked her for her first borne. She made no attempt to accommodate me, or at least acknowledge that the table was poorly placed. Rather than brushing me off, she could have said....'I will try and move you if another table opens up soon.' Sure enough, within 5 minutes of my request, two other tables opened up, which could have accommodated me.

I should note that on other occasions I have been there in the summer and put up with sweltering heat in the dining room. At least then there was an acknowledgement that the room was too hot.

Oh well....I don't need to go there again.

5  Thank jazzette4
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A small, intimate but very informal and friendly place. The food (authentic tapas) ranges from very good to outstanding. The other night we had very fresh scallops in a vanilla based sauce- really tasty. Contributing to the cozy atmosphere is the wonderful hostess/ bar lady Cathy who makes every patron feel like a welcome guest returning home. The price is quite fair - an evening for two with wine, 4 tapas and two deserts plus tip was in the $90 range. Parking on the street nearby is not difficult in the evening.
My wife and I go to quite a few restaurants in the Ottawa area and this rates among our top one or two.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The 5/5 rating is for the decor,atmosphere and friendly and cozy service. The 1/5 for the food gives a 3/5 total. As described it is a very cozy little place, we were seated quickly, had a good bottle of Tempranillo. We were hungry and it were settling in for a relaxed evening. Started with soup(lentil was good and spinach so-so). I had the snails Andalucia(after reading previous Tripadvisor notes)....a very bad choice, chorizo was dry rest of dish so-so.............all in all poor. My wife ordered the ratatouille which I also had a taste of, was very poor, tasted of vinegar, very poor. We ate it due to hunger and told the waitress we had to leave as something had come up(we had to find a place to get dinner) and paid and left. Maybe we just chose the wrong dishes, but this place is just not tapas. It does have a nice map of Spain on the door as you come in.