“Exelent variety and very fresh.”
Review of Sushi Kan

Sushi Kan
Ranked #1,335 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have gone to this restaurant several times since it has come on the scene. They are primarily a Chinese buffet that has components of sushi, sashimi and dim sum restaurants.

Very good choice if you want sushi/sashimi and your companions are not adventurous.

The extensive buffet offering is always very fresh - being cooked and brought out in smallish platters. Same with the sushi, sashimi and dim sum dishes. Good table service.

I have been several times and will continue to return.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

How I can explain my experience in this very bad restaurant? They say is (all you can eat restaurant!!) but when you order shrimps more than 10 pieces, they say there is no more in the kitchen at 18:00 :-) imagine that. They deliver what they want as order. The people who serve the customers put the plate on your table and when you ask him what it is, they go and you get what you get. We order mussels, what was our surprise when we get them uncooked! So, what I can say the worst of the worst... avoid this restaurant as much as you can. We paid for all this crap 50$ for two. At the end, you have a question like everything was good for you (what you can say: just too bad!). I tried a lot of restaurant here in Ottawa but no one was as bad as this one. Good luck if you want to go to this one.

2  Thank Reda_xlim
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went for dinner with the family. It was our first time so I wasn't sure what to expect. First of all service was extremely slow. When the waitress finally came around we ordered soda...2 of them didn't arrive, we're served water instead. We asked the waitress how the ordering process worked and she pretended not to understand us. Made me feel like a complete fool.
Luckily a couple in the next booth explained it to us.
We ordered a variety of different sushi rolls, sashimi, and other foods. First of all half of the food we ordered never even arrived at our table. Second: the food that did arrive was served so sloppily that we felt like we were almost disturbing the waitress's by being there. Food was very bland, nothing to write home about.
Don't think we will be going back.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love this restaurant. I fell in love with the restaurant on my first visit. I had never had sushi before, and a friend of mine suggested to go there. I've been to various Sushi restaurants and according to me, this one's the best. I enjoyed the food better than I thought (most likely because I didn't know what to expect). Now I love sushi! When I go to the restaurant, I always have the California rolls, with green tea. For dessert, I sometimes have their ice cream (usually green tea and/or mango), and I usually have their golden fried banana and deep fried sesame balls. They're all so good!

The food is delicious the concept is fun (It's all you can eat, so you write down on a paper what you want and how many portions, and it's not like going to a restaurant where you order and pay for one dish). A policy the restaurant has that makes alot of sense is that if you don't eat all the food you ordered, you'll pay a fee. It compensates for the waste. Especially because it's all you can eat, so it's not like paying for one dish, where the price is fixed based on the cost of making the dish, making a profit, making money to pay the employees, etc... Also,

The service might be a bit slow, but the staff is very nice. I've been there multiple times afterwards and I was always very satisfied with the food. I've had wonderful experiences on each and every visit. I recommend it to anyone.

I hope you'll all enjoy this restaurant as much I have.

Lunch is less expensive than dinner.
Lunch is also less expensive from Mon-Fri, than Sat, Sun and Holidays.
Dinner is also less expensive from Mon-Thurs, than Fri, Sat, Sun and Holidays.

I won't include the prices in here, in case they change. I'll include the link to the Sushi Kan (Innes location).

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went to sushi kan recently, I must sat it was tje worst sushi I have ever had. The sashimi was very bland, no flavour at all. The rolls was drizzle.in sweet sauce. We order a bowl of rice and the rice was crusty. The salmon teriyaki has gone bad.our tuna sushi never came. The service was ok.
I think.i will give up on sushi buffet now and go.to.suisha garden instead to.get my sushi.fix.