“Great food for a great price”
Review of Sushi Kan

Sushi Kan
Ranked #1,295 of 2,766 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food for a great price”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent sushi restaurant with very good prices. Most people complain about the service... but as with any all you can eat place, the service is hit or miss. Lunch monday to friday is $12.99 and lunch on saturday/sunday is $14.99. It is a few dollars more for dinner menus and you get a few more dinner time options than lunch.

The sushi is awesome. I have introduced all of my friends and family to this place and it is the only place in Ottawa we go for sushi. Most of the staff here actually speak to you and acknowledge you. Other sushi places do not.

It is very important to remember your orders because sometimes you wait and wait and when you are very full, the dishes start coming. We usually fill two whole cards (10 items per card) and we are very full.

I would recommend this place if you want great sushi at very affordable prices. For people who say it too expensive....I say...go to Loblaws, etc and buy 6 pieces of sushi for $7.99. That is overpriced and often not fresh.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Ottawa Canada
“Food is OK but service is no”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My son was so excited about this restaurant as he thought I would enjoy their different menu. So we decided to try it on a Friday night after work (a quite time before 5:00 PM). It is an all you can eat concept, quite pricey one, but they take your order and that's where they do not know how to handle their tasks. We were served occasionally, one meal or two at a time, smaller dishes with long delays in between until the next dish was served, like if they were serving us appetizer. The delays got longer as the restaurant was more crowded so eventually nothing more came although we had given them our orders long time ago.
Not wanting to ruin the night for both of us we waited patiently another 10-15 minutes and nothing happened. So I decided to pay and leave, still hungry!
When we were at the cashier, a waitress ran to us with one of our orders! No thanks! Answered I. And paid a quite high price and left.
That was my first and last visit to that restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Ottawa
“Keep a big eye on what you ordered!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The restaurant is excellent and the food is awesome. But service is sometimes rough. Placing orders depends on the days sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
After few incident swhere I did not receive my order or received other peoples order. I started to track my order by writing them on another copy. It was a successful method because many times I returnee a plate that was not mine.
Also, when placing an order there is a cop "the order cop" who enters it into the computer and sometimes reduces quantities, so you order 5 hand rolls and you receive 4 etc.
The food is awesome and that is the reason I eat there often

• Visited June 2013
Chelsea, Canada
“The best Sushis in town... Seriously!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Sushi Kan is THE place to go if you love sushis and are looking for somerhing fresh! Te restaurant is located at about 20-30 minutes from Gatineau-Hull but is definetely worth a detour. We love sushis and have tried many other locations. This one is the best one we've discovered. Lots of choice to choose from and the service is great. You pay a fix price (around 20$) for an all-you-can-eat! That's pretty reasonnable. We always go with friends (actually, they're responsible for that discovery) and share some plates, some of them coming in unique pieces while others have a few. Basically, you select your choices from the menu, you write it down on a piece of paper left for that purpose, and you wait for it to arrive... The service is quite efficient and fast, considering that the restaurant is full all the time. Don't over order: although the price is fixed, you will be charged for any left over at your table (something I totally agree with). If you go, you need to try the following, there just soooooo good: salmon roses, cone, salmon pizza. But, of course, everything is just extremely good and fresh. On top of that, they give you a card and mark each time you visit so that you can get a free meal. No reservation required. We normally go around 7:00 p.m. when it's slowing down. And if you are really sushi lovers... You'll book a visit on your agenda at least a couple times during the month! Great job Sushi Kan... See you at our next visit!

• Visited June 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Bargain For Sushi And Other Japanese Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been going to Sushi Kan since they opened the Baseline location and switched to the Innes Road location as soon as it opened since we live closer. It is also a better decorated location with much better parking faciities. Sushi Kan is a real bargin with very high quality sushi and a wide-selection of other traditional Japanese dishes, great soups and really low-priced soft drinks. The tea is of good quality as well. Service is good, although sometimes the wait-staff have a bt of difficulty with English or French, but it really doesn't matter. I highly recommend Sushi Kan to all my friends and colleagues.

• Visited May 2013