“Best Indian restaurant in Ottawa!”
Review of Host India

Host India
Ranked #209 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The best Indian restaurant in Ottawa, hands down! My family and I were headed to Winterlude for the day, and we decided to eat at Host India before. I have been here multiple times with friends and colleagues. The staff were very friendly as usual, the ambiance is exquisite, and the food absolutely amazing. It was my husband's first time here and he mostly definitely was not disappointed. I ordered the fish tikka and palak paneer, and ordered mango lassi (my favourite drink). I highly recommend coming here, whether you're visiting the city or never tried Indian food before. Host India is definitely not a restaurant you would want to miss out on!

1  Thank Bethany L
There are newer reviews for Host India

Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Ottawa, do not miss out on this hidden gem. I went on business to Ottawa and accidentally stumbled upon this amazing restaurant. The Butter Chicken and Tikka Masala are to die for. The chefs take pride in the way they prepare their food....every bite was a delight. They definitely do not cut corners when it comes to quality and the recipes have an original taste. It's a shame that I live near Toronto, otherwise I would dine here regularly. The bar tender was entertaining as well... wish they had Indian restaurants like this in the GTA. Overall 5 stars from me ^-^ Truly Unique Experience!!!

3  Thank Sunny23465
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We live in Orleans, about a 20 minute drive to this restaurant. There are other restaurants closer to us bit this one is worth the drive. We usually only go for the lunch or Sunday night buffet because we like the variety and I like to stuff myself. Burp. Sunday night has a bit more variety than weekday lunch but its also more expensive. Actually this restaurant is sort of expensive but all things considered I would rather pay a few dollars more and know I will get great food. We went on a Saturday once because we thought buffet was every night. We had to order from the menu, but it was very good and the serving size was also good. Some foods are very spicy but there is a little note on the steam table warning people. Ambiance is good. Bigger inside than it looks outside. Nice staff. Never disappointed here.

1  Thank Claude D
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been to a few different Indian food restaurants in Ottawa, but Host India is my favourite. I've never had anything I didn't like, but always find their butter chicken and naan bread to be outstanding! We usually go for the lunch buffet, but enjoy their take-out as well. The servers are always pleasant and typically keep your water glass topped up - and considering how spicy some of the food is, this is very much appreciated! When my kids were a bit younger they loved to watch the cooks make the naan and the tandoori chicken - kept them entertained so we could relax and enjoy our meal. We tried the Sunday night buffet for the first time - excellent selection, great food and the server was wonderful. My family has been going for several years and have always enjoyed it.

1  Thank Judy W
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's a nice restaurant, I am starting to be a local there, my husband doesn't like Indian cuisine, but he allways finds something to eat, as for me or my daughter well it's a favorite place for us to go once in awhile.

Great food, they have buffet also.

3  Thank axxiefox