“Nice, inexpensive Thai restaurant in Byward Market area”

Bangkok Thai Garden Restaurant
Ranked #638 of 2,766 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Nice, inexpensive Thai restaurant in Byward Market area”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a nice Thai restaurant in Byward Market area. Our food was very good. The entrees were around $10. We had read some of the negative comments about this restaurant so we had our trepidations but all was just fine.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MandJ-Hawaii

Waterloo, Canada
“Consistently delicious!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We've now been to this restaurant twice and will definitely be coming back many times again in the future. The first time my husband and I came here, I ordered the padang chicken curry and he ordered the tofu red curry. Both were excellent. The sticky rice portion was small but brought us back to our trips to Thailand and Laos.

We came back a couple weeks later bringing friends. This time we ordered a yellow veg curry, an eggplant dish, a cashew dish and the red curry. Everything was delicious and we were all extremely happy with our meals. Our only complaint was that the cashew dish was spiced very hot when the degree of spiciness was never asked. That said, it was a great dish and wasn't too big of an issue as we enjoy spicy food.

Both meals were capped off with mango and coconut milk over sticky rice which was hardly necessary as we found each time to be quite full. However, it was impossible to resist as the mango was the best mango I've had since Bangkok.

All in all, great meals. The decor is average. The service is friendly enough and meals are reasonably priced at $10-12 (not including rice). The menu is pretty extensive and each time we struggled to choose as there were many that tempted us.
As I said before, we'll definitely be back and it'll likely become our favourite Thai place in Ottawa.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CEMMM
Vancouver, Canada
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Delicious and fairly priced. Would definitely go again

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ladyalice13
Jiaozuo, China
“Pretty good Thai food”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I had the lunch special here before, I thought it was pretty good, better than average. I'd go again.

2 Thank starlaOttawa
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was ok not the best I...”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

It was ok not the best I had but ok

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook