“Great business lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Food was excellent, was just beginning to wonder when the food was coming and they brought it out.
The option to sit outside on the patio is great as well.
One of the hidden gems in Little Italy.

1  Thank goodforyourfamily

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went with a group of twelve and had the most excellent server and service. The outdoor patio is great for a summer evening some street noise but still a good relaxing space. A good choice of Italian favorites, the starter selection was priced reasonably and offered some choices that you don't normally find. We went with the fried smelt, super tasty and if you are a seafood fan I would recommend as a try. The wine selection could be better with a greater selection of Italian wines, but that said the wines that were offered were reasonably priced and the house wine selection was very good.

1  Thank Jerry061
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We picked this restaurant, since it was the only one on Preston Street that had lasagna on the menu, which our teenage daughter was keen on. We were not disappointed. Amazing service, patio was so nice on a warm night. Our party of 3 ordered pasta, lasagna, cannelloni, prosciutto and mushroom pasta all was delicious. The warm bread and roasted pepper olive oil dip was amazing. If there was anything which was a bit average, it would be the Caesar salad...tasty, but nothing I could not replicate at home. All in all this restaurant is highly recommended. We ate outside on the patio, but checked out the newly renovated interior, which is beautiful. Great food, great service, fair price.

1  Thank Kerry L
Reviewed June 24, 2012

(the hotel reference in the address is incorrect, as that hotel is several kilometres away, off Elgin St, but the street address on Preston is correct)

This place is pretty small, with an intimate atmosphere and small rooms with only a few tables rather than one big dining room. The prices are quite reasonable, the food was prepared to order (no pre-made stuff here!) and the veal parmesan was so tender and perfectly cooked that it didn't require a knife to eat and just melts in your mouth. Their house red is quite pleasant and one of the best house wines I've had in ages.

If you are looking for a place for a nice meal that isn't deafening (between the background music and patrons talking loudly to be heard over it) with an enjoyable atmosphere and prices that will bring you back, this is the place for you.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I usually always go to Giovanni's in Little Italy in Ottawa but I thought it may be to upscale to go with my 3 children (11, 8, 7) and mother in law. So we decided to try something new. I should of gone to Giovanni's. the prices are similar, the food is not as good and the difference in the service is huge.
we were relegated to a back room by ourselves, which at first I thought was nice since it was almost like having a private room. I had never been at a restaurant where they just give you a pitcher of water and some glasses and you serve yourself. If I wanted this kind of service I would have stayed home.
They took about 20 minutes to take the order. They took another 20 minutes to deliver the salads/appetizers and once they finally returned again I asked if they could please bring some bread and was told by the waiter to be "calm" and not be in a hurry? It was bizarre. the appetizers were already out and there was no bread after 40 min? when was it going to come? when the food finally came out, it was ok. the calamar is frozen (perfect circular rings). the pasta sauces were average. It was one of those meals that I was happy once it ended.